Chapter 34

Meredith's POV

I fell asleep and started having flashback dreams of the night I was kidnapped

I just came back to the dream house with Ellis. Alex came and brought me back. I sat Ellis's baby carrier on the ground. Everything was the exact way I left it. Alex called Amelia and took Ellis and the kids to their bedroom. I walked upstairs and looked around. I went into my bedroom and saw the Tumor that Derek drew on the wall. I looked around more. His clothes were still on the dresser. I started tearing up. I saw the post it on the wall in its frame. I got into bed where he laid at. I started crying. I cried into the sheets. I missed him so much.

"Meredith, Amelia's here" he yelled from downstairs

I got out of bed and wiped my eyes. I walked downstairs. Amelia was looking at me. I walked over to her and she held her hands out. I went into her hug and I heard her sob into my shirt. I held her tight. I let her go

"I'll let you guys be alone" Alex said leaving the house

Amelia went to the kids room. I wanted her to listen to this voicemail. I've been listening to it everyday. I feel like it would make her feel better. I haven't showed it to her yet. She walked out of the kids room and went over to me.

"Amelia" I said

"Yes" she asked

"I want you to hear this" I said handing her my phone

"It's the last message Derek left me. I think you should hear it" I said

"Thank you" she said tearing up

She went to the couch and sat down. I was about to leave and she said something

"Wait. Can you listen with me" she asked

"Yes" I nodded

I tried to hold my tears back. I sat next to her and she played it.

"Hey, it's me, I'm on the ferry-" I heard him say and started tearing up

"I just wanted to say that, um- god, I wish you could see this. Weather's classic Seattle. Oh, the water is so blue. It may be the most perfect ferryboat ride I've ever had in my life. We're going to do this a lot more when I get home, by the way. You, me, and the family, we're just going to take a day and ride the ferryboat- all day if we want. I love you Meredith, I'll see you when I get home" he said and the voicemail stopped

"Thank you" Amelia said handing my phone back

I hugged her and we both got up. I walked upstairs and went to my bed. I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning and took a shower. I was going to work today. I got out and changed into some clothes. I went downstairs. Amelia walked out of the kids room holding Ellis. She smiled at me and waved Ellis's little hand.

"Hey could you take them today" I asked

"Of course" she said

I grabbed a banana and my keys. I left the house and went to the hospital. I walked in and everyone was looking at me. I went up to the locker rooms and went to where the lab coats were. I saw Dereks and put my finger on the indent of his name. I took deep breaths and went into the coat pocket. I grabbed his ferry boat scrub cap and put my lab coat on. I put the scrub cap in my pocket. I walked to the OR and scrubbed into my surgery with his cap on. I finished this successful surgery and everyone was cheering. I scrubbed out and went back to the locker rooms. I grabbed Dereks lab coat and went home. I went upstairs and put it in the top of my drawer. Everything smelled like him and his stupid amazing cologne. I heard something downstairs. It sounded like glass breaking. I walked out of my room and looked down. A bunch of people with black suits were destroying my house. I went back into my room and locked the door. I grabbed the gun from under the bed and loaded it. I stood next to the door and heard them talking. They started coming up the stairs.