Chapter 3: Panic (Sometimes) Causes Great Things

There were 10 minutes to prepare until the exam started. All around you future students were stretching and warming up, while some collected support items to defeat the robots. After all, Present Mic did say you could do anything as long as it wasn't illegal and didn't injure the others.

So here you were, stretching after you changed. You were in shorts and a tank top to allow easy movement. The only support items you had were a visor to see other people's stats, air humidity and your remaining stamina, along with sneakers that Hatsume modified to let air through if you needed to fly.

When the 10 minutes seemed to be up, you finished your warm up and waited for the gates to open. Luckily, you were in the front of the crowd, making it easy to sprint when the doors opened. Somehow, some of the others hadn't realised that the exam started, and were frozen with Mic scolding them for a second.

As soon as you sprinted through, a horde of robots awaited destruction. You manipulated the air around 5-6 of them, crushing them immediately. When the other students finally reached, you were already gone and they could only see the trail of crushed robots you left. After the 3rd time you used the move, your drawbacks began kicking in. Since you were manipulating a lot of air, they automatically kicked in faster. In this case, it was light headedness and pore expansion. Your pores were growing to the point where they merged with each other and formed cuts.

Deciding to use other tactics such as making clouds close in and crush them, you reached 67 points at 7 minutes.

Then someone fell on top of you.

"Oof. Purple hair dude, you ok?" You asked.

"Yeah, sorry bout that. You good?" He stood up dusting himself.

"I'm alright, but you're about to be crushed by a building," you pointed at the concrete stature breaking down.

"Shit uhh what's your quirk!!!" He panicked. You didn't respond but instead hovered all the bricks away safely.

"Ah fuck, that stings my palms. Bye purple!" You ran off chasing other robots to destroy.

"1 MINUTE LEFT, SHOW US WHAT YOU'VE GOT EXAMINEES!" Mic warned.

In a brilliant moment of panic, you summoned a bunch of dark thunder clouds and accidentally rained on the stadium causing all the remaining robots to short circuit. And then you fainted due to dehydration.

---

When you woke up again, you were in the infirmary. There were three people in the room, one was Aizawa who was sleeping, another was the purple haired boy who was sitting down and impatiently tapping his leg, and the third was Kaminari who was pacing the room.

"Y/N you're awake!" Denki smiled at you.

"Morning," you mumbled, voice hoarse.

"Thanks for that in the exam by the way. I'm Hitoshi Shinso," purple hair eye bags muttered.

"Y/N Shirakumo. And no problem," you grinned at him.

As soon as Shinso left, Denki hit you on the back of your head.

"Listen here you little shit, I don't know what move you did but you looked like a fucking prune when you came back. How dehydrated were you?" Kaminari asked you, clearly worried.

"I wasn't. It was just a terrible move to pull on low energy," you coughed out. "How long have I been out, my voice isn't back to normal."

"...3 hours. Here, drink something. Recovery girl said it would help," he handed you a glass of water.

"Oh Shirakumo-San, you're awake," Recovery girl noticed as she walked in. "There wasn't any permanent damage done but the amount of drips and the healing kiss should've done the trick. Drink lots, eat well and I've given Aizawa some headache pills if you ever need them. I've also applied gauze and ointment to your hands, they were much too cut up after your wind part was overused," she explained leaving Kaminari wide eyed.

"W-what? How can you stand to keep on hurting yourself every training session just to get into the hero course?" He asked.

"Overcome my limits so next time I'll be better. I'm training to save people and make sure others don't get hurt. Losing family hurts," you glared, attempting to get up. The cold floors sent a shock to your bare feet but you regained stability a second later.

"Fine but at least be careful, you get hurt all the time," he pleaded.

"Yeah. Don't worry Denks, I'll stay safe," you reassured putting on your shoes. Without another word, you dragged Aizawa out and left your friend alone.

---
"

First, you overuse your wind giving you multiple cuts. Then, you change your focus and nearly get crushed under a building. And then, you overuse your weather cloudy part and completely dehydrate. Are you insane Y/N Shirakumo?" Aizawa scolded you as soon as he woke up.

"I'm not. And don't be so dramatic, I was nowhere near being crushed. I handled the situation perfectly," you defended yourself.

"Yeah.. the concrete wasn't large enough to kill you," he mumbled quietly.

"Aizawa if this is about my brother I'm sorry. But if you think I'd die that easily, you're wrong," you reassured him and stalked off to your room.

"She's... different from Oburo. More spunk and less happy-go-lucky, somehow." he muttered to himself.

---
W

ithin two weeks, your results came in the mail. Miraculously, you managed to forget about it after the chaos that ensued afterwards so when you saw a letter with the U.A seal and your name on it, you were terrified to say the least.
Aizawa was on patrol at the time so you went to your room and opened it however, only a disc fell out.

"Wait so why am I doing this?" A hologram popped up of your best friend.

"Because a) you're her best friend and b) you need to test this out," a tired voice responded from behind the camera.

"Ok so you got 100 villain points and 40 rescue points- wait how I thought you only had 10 minutes? Y/N-chan did you use my support items?" Hatsume grinned.

"Hatsume this is a recording, not a conversation," Aizawa sighed.

"Oh right. Sorry Sensei. Well you got into- whoever wrote this has terrible handwriting that says 1-A right?" She asked.

"Jesus fucking christ. Yes. And don't insult my writing, it's a piece of art," Aizawa groaned making you snicker.

"I see you found the chaos that is your admission letter?" Aizawa smirked at you.

"Did you seriously have Mei-Chan do this because you were too lazy to?" You laughed.

".... No. She volunteered," Aizawa stated, obviously lying.

"Oh well. I'm in the U.A high hero course. Man next year's gonna be awesome!" You squealed.

"Not so fast. I'm your teacher, which means you'll have to survive expulsion day first," he threatened.

"Expulsion... what what?"