Chapter 54: the school festival

The next few days went by extremely slowly. You couldn't participate in training so you simply sat at the sidelines helping your friends improve and noting down common errors.

Not to mention, the usual mandatory classes weren't great either since all your teachers were boring. They droned on and on about topics that weren't even necessary for your age.

You sighed for the fifth time that morning, watching as Mina showed off new dance moves.

It'd been a week since you were back already, and work studies were suspended for now. Not that you could go, either way.

Recovery Girl was extremely strict on your leave of absence from field work, seeing as she didn't want a similar incident as Nighteye's injuries.

Mina was a great dancer, but even amazing things could be butchered easily.

Midoriya and Aoyama were top tier examples at that.

"How is it that you're so flexible mid-battle but can't do shit on your feet when it comes to dancing?" You asked Midoriya ironically.

"I'm not that bad! Right?" He asked.

"You're worse than me, and that's saying something," you sighed, getting up.

By now, you only had a light limp and could walk without crutches, so you took the opportunity to try and move a bit.

"Look, you're way too stiff. Mina just does without thinking, it's why she failed her practical exams," you pointed out, earning a loud protest from the pink alien.

Denki then commented on Jirou's music themed room, asking about the studio, though he was immediately shut down.

It wasn't long before Aizawa came in, talking about a school festival. The event would take place on campus, with all departments presenting something.

"Seems fun, what's our event?" You asked.

"Choose something," he shrugged, going to sleep instantly.

Iida and Yaoyorozu took charge, heading to the teacher's desk to brainstorm ideas.

There were multiple ideas, ranging from a maid cafe all the way up to a quiz.

"Death battle!" Bakugo proposed.

"Katsuki-kun, literally what the fuck," you asked.

"You got a problem Air Head?" He growled.

"Did they deprive you of battles that much that you want to kill people?" You scoffed. "Pathetic."

"Say that to my face, I dare you!"

"Kacchan calm down!" Midoriya butted in.

"Don't worry about it Midoriya-Kun," you grinned, waving your hand around.

Bakugo was instantly forced down by pure wind pressure, much to his dislike.

"Shirakumo-San! We don't use our quirks on our classmates!" Iida scolded, doing robot hands again.

"Fine Dad," you rolled your eyes, letting go of your iron grip.

"Shirakumo-San I am not your father. If you're in need of a father figure-"

"I need a father figure," Todoroki piped up.

"Yeah, same here," Midoriya agreed.

"You've got All Might," Todoroki grumbled.

"I am not going to be your father figure," Iida sighed.

Aizawa got up and dragged his sleeping bag out, annoyed with the ruckus.

"You've already got one, now shut up," he grumbled. "If you don't have this sorted by tomorrow, we'll hold a public lecture."

Your class groaned at the idea of holding a public lecture, knowing that no one would want to attend that.

"On the bright side he's acknowledged himself as our dad," you groaned, annoyed already.

Mina patted your back sympathetically, understanding that you were extremely close to throwing someone out a window.

The evening in the common room wasn't much better. No one had any reasonable ideas and it took forever to come up with something that wouldn't eat up U.A's budget.

"We've literally got a sugar daddy, he could sponsor it," you scoffed after the 50th point was deemed useless.

"I believe we agreed that I am also in need of a father figure?" Todoroki questioned.

"I swear to God, Mina please culture him," you sighed.

"Trust me, she tried," Tokoyami groaned. "It was a dark time."

"The ignorance in this class," she dramatically fainted on you, to which you caught her in a rather uncomfortable tango pose.

This, naturally sparked an idea in the pink skinned girl.

"We should do a dance!" She grinned, jolting upright instantly.

"That might actually be a good idea," Todoroki agreed, walking up to the laptop.

Everyone looked at him in surprise, not having expected the stoic boy to like something so fun.

You watched as he typed around, muttering to himself as he searched for something specific.

Suddenly, a video popped up, fitting the description.

"Todoroki-kun, you want to do a concert?" You asked, looking at all that needed to be done.

The boy nodded, feeling it would be a good way for people to blow off steam.

"Kyoka-chan can do music!" Hagakure jumped excitedly.

You looked at the girl who was strongly denying all requests until Denki asked her.

"It'll be fun Jirou-San," you smiled at her.

She finally agreed, making the entire class cheer with delight as the shy girl would finally show off her music.

The class agreed to do a dance and music party, so everyone could let go a bit, and instantly the mood was lifted.

You, however, were frowning mildly at the next video under the one you watched. It was an older video of a crime documentation. Assuming the criminal was caught, you shut down the laptop, though still kept a mental note so you could check it out in case.

"We've still got to think of a lot of things as well. Who'll be dancing, who'll be part of the band and so on," you pointed out.

"I suggest we sleep on it and think a bit more. We've got class early tomorrow morning," Iida decided.

Everyone agreed to that and headed upstairs to bed, most in smaller groups, discussing ideas with each other.

"Shirakumo-chan, you can play the bass or keyboard with the music section, right?" Jirou asked you.

"I was thinking more stage management, but yeah I can do that," you agreed, rubbing the back of your neck.

And so, a multitude of conversations happened between various groups, before everyone turned off the lights and headed to sleep.

With a flurry of good nights and sleep wells, the Class A dorms became silent.

Question of the day: guesses for what's coming next chapter?

Hint: I will be attempting mild angst

Hope you enjoyed :)