Chapter 13: Thunder Clap

The rest of bracket one was pretty boring. Midoriya somehow broke out of Shinso's brainwash, Momo lost to Tokoyami, Uraraka gave her best and failed, Todoroki was so overpowered and it's so unfair, Mei was a businesswoman and made a fool out of Iida, and Kirishima found his doppelganger.

The second bracket was the more challenging one. Now, all that were left were the top 8 in physical combat of class 1-A. You were up against Tokoyami and Dark Shadow next and you genuinely didn't know what to do. The shadow's weakness was obviously a light source, but lightning wasn't strong enough in broad daylight. Which meant you'd have to create a distraction and use it to your benefit. If everything went well, the first 20-30 seconds would be filled with his attacks so you could dodge and analyse. The only problem here would be that he'll try to push you to the edge, so it's best to stay airborne.

While you were watching Kirishima and Bakugo fight, this all was going through your head. Midoriya then decided to approach you about the move you pulled in the first round.

"Shirakumo-San, how'd you do that move? Does it have a name? How does your quirk work exactly? Are there limits to it? What do you think is the maximum decibels your thunder-," he began rambling.

"I'm going to stop you right there Midoriya-Kun, but I promise I'll tell you afterwards. And, I thank you. You just gave me a brilliant idea," you smirked at him.

Unsurprisingly, Bakugo won, but Kirishima put up a good fight. You stepped on to the arena mere minutes later with Tokoyami following suite, both prepared to win.

"Ready? Begin!" Midnight announced immediately.

Instantly, dark shadow began attacking you, in an attempt to push you out of bounds. You retaliated with an attack of your own.

"I sincerely apologise to any eardrum bursts," you warned before clapping your hands together to release a loud thunder clap followed by waves of aftershock. The two opponents clasped their ears in an attempt to save their ears from impact but you already pushed them out of bounds through sheer wind force alone.

"Tokoyami is out of bounds! Shirakumo advances to the next round!" Midnight announced, still recovering from the shock.

"What the hell was that?! Shirakumo just defeated two opponents in less than a minute with moves never displayed before!" Mic announced, clearly shocked.

"You good Tokoyami? I didn't burst your eardrums right? Oh and dark shadow, you too, everything ok?" You asked, genuinely concerned.

"Yes, thank you. No worries, I'm fine," he shrugged off your questions and stood up shakily, Dark shadow recovering seconds after he did. Both of them gave a curt nod, the shadow even offering a shaky smile, and made their way off stage and into the tunnel.

You made your way out as well, where you were met with Denki who was fully aware again, and Hatsume, who was tinkering. Both congratulated you on your win again, but Denki seemed more nervous.

"It's just... your next opponent is Iida-kun and he managed to push Shiozaki out in less than a second. He's pretty powerful, you know?" He figeted.

"Don't worry about it, I'll find a way out. I always have, haven't I?" You smiled slightly. It was true, he was powerful and logical, but, like most boys, relied on instinct too much. Even the teacher's pet might charge in without a second thought.

The three of you made your way up to the tribune to see the end of Todoroki's and Midoriya's duel which ended with what looked like the world's greatest high five. Midoriya was out of bounds with multiple severe injuries and Todoroki had finally used his flames. The amount of debris that was scattered was insane, as smoke surrounded the two powerful opponents.

Midoriya hadn't fully controlled his quirk at all, but it was clear that he would be a dangerous enemy in the future. With that determination and self sacrificing tendencies, he'd be a powerful hero. Not to mention, he's academically strong as well and intelligent as a whole. The greenette truly was a great ally, friend and rival, to you and everyone else.

The boy was carried off to the infirmary and the arena reconstructed for the semifinals. Right now, you were on the podium no matter what, but you were aiming to defeat Bakugo to get to first place. You were also, the only girl on the podium, so many heroes were impressed and scouting you out.
In the half hour intermission, you decided to take a short stroll to clear your head once again.

A couple steps in and people were already trying to assassinate you. A feather whizzed in your direction, nearly chopping your ear off in the process. You trapped the feather in an air bubble and drained it of oxygen until it was still.

"Hawks," you muttered, recognizing his signature vermilion.

"Not bad kid, nice reflexes you got there," the hero clapped.

"She's clinically dead but sharper than ever. Imagine what it would do to your permanent record and reputation if the media found out you tried to kill a student? A 'helpless girl' nonetheless?" you raised an eyebrow, twirling the feather between your fingers.

"I was merely scouting interns. If you consider, I'll always have a place for you," he waved, waltzing off.

You huffed in annoyance at the man but pocketed the feather anyway. It would at least make a beautiful but deadly necklace, or a fancy pocket knife. Walking back to the tribune, you saw your friends waiting eagerly.

"10 more minutes until it's finished, then you're up!" Denki reminded.

"You got this, ok?" Hatsume smiled lightly.

"Aw Mei-Chan, you're smiling more! Do I make your days that amazing?" You teased, slinging your arm around her.

"Of course, didn't you realise that darling?" She smirked, making your face erupt into a brilliant pink as you tried your best to hide it.

"Y/N-Chan finally got the guts to ask Hatsume out did she?" Denki chortled, making Hatsume laugh.

"Denki, you have it all wrong. I asked her out," Hatsume corrected.

That only made Denki laugh more.