Chapter 30: Profit and Loss

The group made its way to the outskirts of the forest, attempting to get away from the fire and closer to the campsite.

Though you weren't walking for long when you stumbled upon Uraraka and Tsu.

"Hey guys! Are you alright?" You asked instantly. They were mostly unscathed, apart from a large cut on Tsu's tongue.

"Did you get Mandalay's message?" Midoriya asked. "We're keeping Kacchan in a group so he won't get kidnapped, you want to join?"

Both Uraraka and Tsu shared a glance before looking at you, perplexed.

"Um Deku-kun, where is Bakugo-kun?" Uraraka asked.

"Huh?" Your eyes widened instantly. You turned around and as you feared, Katsuki wasn't there. Worse, they kidnapped Tokoyami as well.

Villains were skilled and cunning. They thought of everything to succeed in their missions. If they accounted for excellent hearing without even knowing much about your quirk, it was guaranteed that the kidnapping wasn't an ordinary move.

As if confirming your suspicions, you heard a voice from above.

A masked figure held out two marbles as they flaunted the capture of your two classmates.

"The names Mr. Compress," he smirked, landing smoothly on a tree branch above your group. "A talented boy like Mr. Bakugo over here would merely be wasting his true talent with heroes. He could truly shine with us villains."

The villain drawled on and on as you stood in shock.

"Give him back!" Midoriya yelled.

"He isn't a possession you know?" Compress smirked.

Todoroki grit his teeth in frustration and froze the tree the man stood on, in a futile attempt of saving the two.

Though Compress easily evaded the attack, only to continue taunting you.

"We're attacking the main camp too, to prove a point. You kids need to get a new perspective. This world isn't just black and white, U.A better teach you that soon or you'll get nowhere in life," Compress growled.

Only then did Shoji realise that his best friend was kidnapped as well.

"You just realised?" You asked.

"You knew and didn't tell us?" Shoto glared.

"Well you see, the original mission was to get Bakugo only. But then I saw how Mr. Tokoyami here defeated Moonfish so effortlessly. He has a good quirk, powerful as well. So I changed my objective," the villain explained, holding the two turquoise marbles between his fingers.

During his monologue, Shoto passed Tsuburaba to you before sending his signature ice wave in the villain's direction.

Once again, Compress evaded the attack, jumping away and running far off.

Though Midoriya was never one to give up, you all were aware of that.

Uraraka made all of you weightless, after much demand from the greenette, before you were launched up into the air by Tsu.

Shoji and you took care of the trajectory whilst the other two worried about defense.

Heading straight in his direction, you now noticed that he was joined by two other unfamiliar villains as well.

No matter, you were going to get your friends back no matter what.

Though Compress simply sidestepped and let a scarred villain handle you.

A burst of brilliant blue flames erupted from his hand, almost as bright as his eyes themselves. You and Shoto dodged them easily, each pulling one teammate with you, though both of them got slight burns on their arms.

You were focused too much on those in front of you that you didn't notice the second ally Compress had.

He jumped behind you, readying for an attack, only to be pushed away by a heavy gust of wind from your side.

Things only got worse after that.

The girl who previously fought Tsu and Uraraka lunged on to Midoriya, claiming he should bleed more. Shoji dealt with Toga while you and Shoto got rid of Twice and his clones.

In front of you, Compress was looking for the marbles in his pockets to no avail.

Shoji then showed two glistening orbs.

"Pickpocketed them when we landed," he stated simply.

The villain in front of you only smirked at Shoji's naivety.

In a matter of seconds, the entire squad was in front of Kurogiri, ready to teleport back while Compress taunted you.

"A magician always flaunts something to distract you from the actual trick. Look closely. That's ice," Compress pointed out to all of your horrors.

He then revealed they were under his tongue all along.

You sprinted up to the man and gave a punch straight to the gut, instantly sending the marbles flying.

"Don't you dare mess with my friends you moron," you growled at him.

Shoji grabbed one of the marbles which contained Tokoyami, whilst Dabi got hold of the other one. Shoto was a mere inch away before it was taken from him.

"See you again soon, Todoroki Shoto," Dabi grinned psychotically, releasing Katsuki from the marble.

"Katsuki-kun!" You yelled, rushing up to him.

"Stay back Y/N-Chan!" He yelled, throat hoarse and voice helpless.

You were immediately barricaded by the brilliant blue flames you'd grown to fear over the course of the day.

"Stay back Y/N-chan, or the boy gets it," Dabi threatened, your name rolling off his tongue with ease.

Then they disappeared.

You kneeled next to Shoto, surrounded by fire, feeling helpless as your friend got taken away in front of your eyes.

"No no no no no, pinch me! This has got to be a nightmare!" You realised, as tears threatened to spill.

Before you realised it, you were crying into Todoroki's chest as he tried to comfort both you and Midoriya.

"We'll get him back, we have to," he whispered, voice cracking.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to cry!" You apologised instantly. "But I'm coming with you to get him back."

The group made its way to camp where you were instantly enveloped in a hug by Kirishima and Denki.

But one look at your face and they could already tell the worst had come.

"Shit," Kirishima mumbled.

"Dude! Not cool," Denki pointed to you, who looked ready to cry again.

"I'm so fucking glad you're safe," you mumbled, burying your head into the blonde's chest.

"Same for you Y/N-chan," Denki stroked his hand through your hair, holding you close as you soaked in his warmth.

Everyone had to go into questioning with the police.

Out of 40 students, only 39 returned. 20 of those were severely injured and in need of emergency treatment.

And out of the 6 supervisors, only one was unscathed.

Terrified wouldn't even begin to describe the emotion you felt for Bakugo in that moment.

What if he didn't come back at all?