Chapter 29: Whirling Chaos

You easily fell asleep after yesterday's training. Though getting up in the morning was an issue, this time not only for you, but the remedial course as well.

Apparently they had classes until 2 AM with Aizawa nitpicking every mistake.

By afternoon, you'd seen Aoyama, Uraraka and Yaoyorozu go to the bathroom because they were nauseous at least 5 times. Each.

Sero had a terrible elbow itch, Mina had multiple acid burns, Denki was in yay-mode for the 20th time, and Kirishima was barely keeping steady.

That was the remedial course, who were amongst top 10 in physical capabilities.

Everyone else was practically dying.

Todoroki had to prepare an ice bath for you a countless number of times because you overheated, it got annoying after the 3rd time. He was so sweet and considerate, looking away when you took a dip, but you didn't want to disturb him.

"On the bright side, it takes more than an hour until I get a fever," you mused, leaning over the barrel to face Todoroki. "Though that's nothing compared to my other numbers, we're getting that shit to 12."

Both Todoroki and Bakugo were surprised by your outburst, finding it sudden and extremely ambitious.

"Y/N-San I think that's overdoing it, you can just scrape to three," Todoroki remarked.

"Fight me, I'm getting to 12," you jumped out the water, restarting your training.

"You think you're better than me Air Head?" Bakugo smirked, except this time his words lacked the usual edge to them. Almost as if he accepted you as a friend.

You grinned in response, your features glowing in the afternoon lighting.

Anyone who wasn't blind could tell that you two had a friendship comparable to that of Bakugo and Kirishima. You were close enough to know what the other was thinking, but made sure to keep your distance to have good competition.

Of course, you were more ballsy than Kirishima when it came to touching the ticking time bomb, but that was mainly because you were stronger than him and could easily murder him.

There were other things you loved as well, such as reading manga together or the never ending teasing.

One thing was for sure: you both drove the other to their goals. Without each other, you'd certainly be lost.

After the entire day of training and dinner preparation, the pussycats dragged the two classes outside for a surprise.

"Test of courage!" Pixie Bob announced.

"Nice! Denks, are you excited?" You asked, though there was no one next to you. "Denks?"

"The remedial course still has lessons," Aizawa deadpanned, dragging all those that failed the exams behind him. The five were screeching as they got taken away from the one fun camp activity.

Pairs were chosen by lots: Class A would hide and Class B would scare.

"Sounds simple enough, but I haven't got a partner," you pointed out, exasperated.

"Oh um, we'll put you with those two," Mandalay gestured to Todoroki and Bakugo.

"You're kidding right?" You sighed. You'd spent the entire day with the two, through their bullshit and arguing, only to be paired up with them.

"Like I'd let you switch with some lame ass group," Bakugo grumbled, dragging you along with him.

"Aww you care?" You teased, clinging on to him.