Chapter 57: Prepping for the school fest is the funniest part (pt.1)

"Shirakumo-chan," Midoriya called you as soon as you stepped back into Heights Alliance. "What's wrong?"

You smiled sadly at him, knowing he'd have noticed.

"Don't worry about it Midoriya-Kun," you replied, shrugging it off.

The greenette sighed, having expected it from someone as stubborn and emotionally closed off as you. You were almost as bad, if not worse, than Bakugo and Todoroki.

"Fine," he nodded, deciding against investigating further. "If you need something, I'm always free."

You smiled and thanked him, before heading up to your dorm. It was still early and your classmates hadn't returned yet, which gave you time to relax. And cry.

It wasn't a lot of time, considering they'd be flooding into dorms in maximum fifteen minutes, though it still gave you time to escape reality for just a little bit.

Closing your door, you instantly collapsed face first onto your cloud bed, having exhausted your social battery and being done with everything.

It wasn't long before you heard the loud chatter from downstairs, signalling the arrival of your classmates. Plastering on a smile, you headed downstairs to see what they were up to.

"Shirakumo-chan!" Jirou looked up at you, from her position on the couch, beaming at your sight. "How was surgery?"

"Not bad," you responded, smiling in return. "Hurts a bit and left a nasty scar, though I should be back to training in a couple weeks."

"Can't the old lady just put on a kiss and get this shit over with?" Bakugo grumbled.

"Miss having a training partner, Lord explosion murder?" You teased, slinging your arm around his shoulders.

"No shut up," he grumbled, pushing you off. "The others are just incompetent."

You smirked at him, taking a seat on the couch next to Jirou.

"Did I miss anything?" You asked the group surrounding the coffee table.

A good majority shook their heads, reassuring you that you'd missed nothing.

Iida on the other hand...

"We're currently planning for our school festival, any ideas?" He asked, smiling at you.

"Never seen you smile," you commented right off the bat, before thinking about the festival. "We're doing a party themed thing, so we'll need effects and lighting. Who'll man the speakers?"

Jirou nodded as you listed down points, jotting them down in a document she had open.

Suddenly the girl had an idea.

"We completely forgot beats!" She exclaimed. "Can anyone play drums?"

You shook your head, though were surprised when Kaminari mentioned that Bakugo plays drums.

"You're telling me, that this fuckass, the loudest in our class, has the ability to play drums quietly, in dorms?" You scoffed, not believing a single word.

"What'd you say?" Bakugo yelled instantly, annoyed you didn't believe him. Grabbing a pair of drumsticks, he then showed off his skill, mainly to prove you wrong.

"That's a whole new level of petty," Iida sighted, rubbing his temples.

"We get it, you're talented at everything. No need to flex on us peasants," you groaned, while Jirou fawned over his playing and recruited him for the band.

Then everything went to shit.

"All we're doing is indulging other students, and they aren't even thankful," he grumbled, ranting about the Gen Ed students.

"Don't talk behind people's backs if you weren't part of the conversation," Todoroki defended, getting up.

"He's got a point," Yaoyorozu mumbled.

You sighed and pulled both of them back down to their seats with your wind.

"You're seriously not going to quit because some jealous wimp talked shit, right? You're Bakugo, you've never cared about a single opinion in your damn life!" You pointed out, confused.

"And we're class A, we need a break!" He defended. "How many attacks have we been in? If we're going to put on a show, it's because we're putting on a show. It being an outlet is a side effect and a benefit. So let's kill everyone with our sound!"

The explosive blonde's declaration surprised everyone, though they were equally as glad to have him on board.

While it may not seem like it, Bakugo and Midoriya were a source of motivation for many of your classmates. They improved steadily and had the most serious work ethic out of everyone.

It was natural to look up to them.

You smiled as everyone cheered at his willingness.

He rolled his eyes at you though smiled slightly in return anyways.

"Now we need a bassist, vocalist, guitarist and maybe a keyboard," Jirou grinned.

Momo instantly volunteered for the keyboard, knowing how to play it from etiquette lessons. Mina was more than disappointed as she saw her friend leave the dancing group behind for the musicians.

"Y/N-chan~," Denki grinned, slinging his arm around you coyly.

"No," you responded immediately.

"I'll do it if you will," he grinned, knowing you'd most likely agree to that.

Rolling your eyes ever so slightly, you sighed and picked up the bass.

"Denki can play guitar," you outed him instantly before proceeding to strum a soothing bass line, humming along to it.

Before Kaminari could reach for the guitar, however, a short purple haired boy got there first and attempted to play it.

Key word: attempted.

Mineta couldn't even reach the strings, making all of you buckle over with laughter, much to his embarrassment.

Tokoyami and Kaminari then took a guitar each, playing amazing solos and surprising a majority of your classmates.

"Oi," Bakugo called, pulling Denki up by his collar. "Play properly, not just for the heck of it. Got that?"

"Calm down Katsuki-kun," you sighed, wrestling his hands off your friend. "Trust me when I say he's serious about anything he's interested in."

The boy grumbled and rolled his, to which your friend sent a thankful smile your way.

"Any ideas for vocals, Kyoka-chan?" Uraraka asked.

Yeah. Auditions weren't great for that part either. Mineta couldn't sing, Aoyama was singing opera, and Kirishima was still in his emo phase.

"Sweet jesus," you sweat dropped after having to listen to the lack of talent.

"Jirou-chan why don't you sing?" Kirishima suggested.

"You got this," you grinned, patting her back.

The girl shyly began singing, though grew more and more confident with every passing second, impressing all of you with her angelic voice.

Hours later, at 1 AM, you'd all finalised all the positions. You headed up to bed, unaware of a presence behind you until you reached your dorm room.

You sighed, leaning against the door.

"You could've just asked to talk instead of following me into the girl's wing like a creep, you know," you scoffed out.

Question of the day: favourite animal?

Fun fact: I took the title directly out of the manga, since the timeline fit perfectly