Extra - Pride Month Oneshot

in a universe where things didn't end as they did, and mei and y/n are teachers at ua. happy pride!!

Class 3-A's homeroom teacher, Shirakumo Y/N, also known as Cloud Nine. You'd started your own agency soon after you graduated, and accepted the offer to teach at U.A roughly ten years after. Since you taught the third years, they were already well versed in the world of heroics for the most part.

Ever since the system changed after the war, hero school curriculums also changed entirely, so as to make room for all the history that needed to be taught. After the war, however, U.A produced heroes even better and well-rounded than before.

Of course, being a teacher for the third years also meant that you had to cooperate with a bunch of colleagues. Since each one specialized in a different field, you would often have to conduct joint training or have a guest lecturer for one of your lessons. On this fine September morning, you'd gathered all your students in the development studio, starting the lesson.

"Alright kiddos, we've got a guest lecturer today to teach you about support items," you began. "You all use them, but it's still best to understand how they work. Mei, floor's all yours."

Hatsume grinned and began the lesson, answering all questions and explaining each function in detail. She then decided to take all the students to ground beta, where they could try to better use their equipment with the knowledge they'd gained. It was a simple heroes versus villains match, with half the class as the heroes and the others as the villains.

Your fiancée eagerly coached them on the intricacies, rambling about every detail the students were unsure about. You could only smile at the interaction, glad that she was enjoying herself.

"Sensei," one of the students called.

"What's up, Fujiwara?" You asked. 

"You're actually kinda hot," she stated.

"Uh... thanks?" You responded, confused, worried the conversation might become inappropriate.

"Yeah, my two idiots agree that you're pretty," she nodded. "And you're decent at hiding that rotten personality of yours."

"Why thank you," you muttered sarcastically, eye twitching. 

"I'm just saying, you had your pick and you chose to date that?" Fujiwara gaped.

The 'that' in question happened to be the love of your life, who'd never quite lost her childish tendencies. Instead, she was running after students with screwdrivers and other tools to fix and explain the functions of their support items. The luckier students managed to run, however others weren't as fortunate.

"Oh, it's about that!" You realized. 

Hatsume looked up at you from where she was, shooting you a wide grin before going back to the equipment she was working on.

"Sensei," Fujiwara called, bringing you out of your dreamy state. "Did you receive permanent brain damage or so when you made the choice?"

"I'll have you in detention for a week if you don't shut up," you threatened playfully.

"Hey~" Hatsume trilled, walking over to you.

She loosely wrapped both arms around your shoulder, resting her head on it. Fujiwara looked up at both of you, as you continued observing your students, Hatsume watching over your shoulder as well.

"Talking about me?" She teased. "I really am the smartest, why wouldn't you talk about me?"

"Lying to yourself isn't a healthy coping mechanism, Mei-chan," you hummed, leaning into her.

"Oh I'm sorry, who had the common sense during our high school days?" Hatsume snorted. 

"Shut up," you grinned in response. "Don't commit a felony kids, I won't do the paperwork for you idiots!"

"Play with fire responsibly!" Hatsume instructed.

"No! No fire!" You groaned.

3-A consisted of twenty students with a variety of quirks, each of which you'd practically adopted. Of course, since Hatsume was around so often, she got roped into taking care of the students as well. 

"You heard her, use fire!" One of the children cackled.

Between the two of you, the students practically had selective hearing, choosing whom to listen to based on the situation or convenience. There'd been many times where you were injured or unable to come to class, in which Hatsume was completely entrusted with the responsibility to take over your class. Those times often ended up with the entirety of 3-A and Hatsume in their common rooms, or causing chaos on the training fields.

"I am so taking the ring back," you joked, playfully rolling your eyes at Hatsume.

"Guess I'll just have to get you another one then!" Hatsume laughed. "Now, what were you talking about earlier?"

"Shit talking you, of course," you drawled. 

Fujiwara looked over in mild disgust, not appreciating the sight of the two of you flirting, class long forgotten.

"I told you they're made for each other," Eri snickered. "You get used to it after seeing them for ten years too many."

"Yeah yeah, I got it," Fujiwara groaned.

"Get back to your training, kids," you scolded, paying little attention to them.

Class 3-A, the students you'd taken in. The little family was completed by your childhood best friend, and partner. She was your other half, in more ways than one.

A/N: this is how I procrastinate on schoolwork, but here you go

yes i needed this happiness from all the angst in my other books

have a great day/night everyone <33