Chapter 66: Todoroki Enji: the symbol of determination

The remainder of training was awkward, filled with a lot of yelling and sparring.

Thankfully, it got over quickly. You changed into your uniform and slung your backpack over your shoulder, heading to school, not bothering to wait for the others.

"I'll catch up with you later, she's probably gone already!" You heard a boy yell as footsteps ran after you in the hallway.

He slowed down, panting as he walked next to you. Before he could speak however, you interrupted him.

"If you're going to apologise, you can take your words and shove it up your ass," you glared, noticing how Kaminari flinched ever so slightly. "You don't get to stop talking to me for so long, give me shit for a simple mistake, and then assume a simple sorry will fix it Kaminari."

The boy looked down at his feet, though still continued to walk next to you, thinking his words through.

"You don't have to forgive me," he began shakily. "You don't even have to be friends with me afterward though I probably will cry but it's fine if you're ok with it, I wouldn't blame you but-"

You cut off his rambling by planting your hand on top of his mouth.

"Thanks for reaching out," you sighed, letting your hand go. "You're not forgiven yet, I need time to process it all, but thank you."

Your plastered smile faded as soon as you looked away, making Kaminari regret his actions even more.

The world wasn't a fairy tale, it wasn't a dream. It was often a bittersweet nightmare, made to inflict jarring cuts onto your skin so they would heal and make you a stronger person later on.

We usually find our own way to heal things, no matter how long it takes. Either by seeking help from others, journaling, listening to music or doing anything else that calms us down.

But when it stops working?

Killing things is easy, it's an easy way to let out pent up anger. It's seen in villains who've suffered decades of trauma, with their only freedom being the pain of others.

Healing, on the other hand? Healing is extremely difficult. Especially in delicate cases such as yours. It was like using tweezers and a microscope to glue back the tiniest splinters back into its original beautiful glass state.

However, it was common knowledge that even gluing glass together can't fix it. Similarly, no matter what you'd do, you wouldn't return to your original mental state.

You sighed, opening the door to Heights Alliance.

"I'm going to take a shower and change, then make tea," you informed Denki, heading upstairs.

While it wasn't scheduled to get all too cold anytime soon, the November weather had impacted everyone as all of you started wearing longer clothing.

The only one who didn't seem affected was Kirishima, but he runs around half naked all the time so you weren't all too surprised by your friend's revelation.

A hot shower was great for your sore muscles and stressed back, alleviated a lot of pressure and relaxed you a lot.

You stepped out and dried yourself, changing into pyjamas. Heading downstairs, you found a majority of your class had returned from training.

It was only a five minute walk, but with the amount of time the girls liked to spend changing or getting food, it usually took much longer. The guys weren't much better, of course, but they at least changed faster.

"Shirakumo-chan you've gotta see this," Midoriya panicked, dragging you to the common room.

The live news was running, showing Endeavour and Hawks fighting against a High-End Nomu.