Chapter 23: Sugar, Spice and everything nice

The next day, the three of you were at Hosu hospital. Your injuries were minor, but Mirko insisted you get checked out.

Speaking of, the tiger bunny also gave you the biggest lecture of the century, followed by Kaminari and Hatsume.

"Yes, Mei-Chan. No, yes I'm alive. You know for someone so smart you're a real idiot. Yes of course dear, I'm a dumbass. No don't kill me. Ok, love you too. I'll see you at school," you groaned, calling your best friend.

Kaminari was no better. If he weren't physically held back by the hero, he'd have come over to give you a lecture himself.

You sighed and made your way to the boys' room.

"I've only got minor injuries, so I'll be leaving soon," you informed them, though they weren't focused on you. They were focused behind you.

Why?

Behind you stood Gran Torino, Manual, Mirko and Chief Tsuragame.

"You aren't going anywhere. As you all know, you using your quirks without supervision and guidance of a professional is against the law," the Chief began.

"Native was there, doesn't that count? And I'm certified to help out heroes!" You told him fishing out your license as you attempted to take the blame, legally.

"Doesn't matter what it is, if we hadn't intervened Iida and Native would've died! You want to say that what we did is right but illegal?" Todoroki fumed.

The heroes grimaced at that while Midoriya told the boy to calm down.

"That's why we aren't doing anything about it. You defeated a strong villain and we're indebted by it. However, Endeavour will be taking the credit," he decided, bowing.

"You could've started with that," Todoroki apologised sheepishly before turning to you, realising something. "Wait, why did you offer to take the blame? You said you were certified."

"Yeah about that," you laughed nervously. "I took my licensing exam to be Eraserhead's sidekick a few years ago. I offered to take the blame so it'd be less legal work."

But the chief pointed out another detail.

"It's evident that no smoke got in his lungs, the media won't be fooled that easily," he remarked.

"And you can't make up a story? Are we really letting it out in the open that a 16 year old is a professional sidekick?" You speculated.

"Yes, have fun at school," he turned and left.

Todoroki gave you a glance of pity and patted your head awkwardly.

You did decided to stay a bit longer to wait for Iida's test results. During that time, Midoriya and you played uno.

"Y/N-Chan don't do it, I know there's still some good left in you!" Midoriya dramatically pleaded.

"I'm sorry Izuku-Kun, but I must do this," you apologised dramatically in return, before laying the card. "Uno."

The card was a +4 and, needless to say, you won that round.

Iida's screening finished just as you packed up the game. The boy entered class and began explaining his diagnosis. Until Todoroki noticed a very interesting coincidence.

"Am I the hand crusher or something?" He asked to himself.

The three of you turned to him, confused.

"It's just that, every time I'm involved, someone's hand gets hurt. Is it a curse?"

Silence.

"Hallelujah the boy can make jokes!" You cackled.

"Shirakumo-San this isn't a laughing matter! I'm serious," he innocently defended himself, only making all of you laugh even more.

You later returned to Mirko's agency, who decided to give you the two days off for resting.

Naturally, you headed straight home.

Bad idea.

Eventhough Eraserhead was busy with his new intern, he didn't hesitate to give you a good talking to.

"Yeah ok fine! I get it! I'm safe now aren't I?" You groaned.

"Safe and grounded," Aizawa glared.

The two of you had a staring contest for what seemed like forever, until you were rudely interrupted.

"Right, that's nice and all, but I'm still stuck in the tree?" Shinso complained.

The poor boy was practically hanging upside down with his capture weapon as the neighbour's cats clawed at him.

You simply pulled the weapon on one end and he came falling down.

"Gee thanks, totally couldn't have broken a bone," he remarked.

"No problem," you shrugged, making yourself comfortable on him.

Since he was still tangled up in the grass, there wasn't much he could do other than brainwash you. And with the demon teacher around, he wasn't doing that anytime soon.

Although, said demon teacher didn't like you lying on top of Shinso, he let the two of you be and relax a bit.

"So how's training with Aizawa?" You asked the purple headed boy who only groaned in return.

"Can you at least untangle me? I want to pet Pumpkin Spice Latte," he grumbled.

"Out of all the things to name the ginger you named her after a drink?" You snickered.

"Shut up! I bet you can't think of a better name!" Shinso stammered, blushing ever so slightly.

"Cinnamon," you smirked as the cat brushed against your leg, making itself comfortable on your lap. "Sorry Shinso, can't move now. Cat says so."

You did end up untangling him but then returned to the comfortable state from before.

A nice way to spend the day, you knew that for sure. Tomorrow would be your last day, though you were still off. Then again, checking in wouldn't hurt right?

Before long, the purple haired boy left. Though you did exchange numbers, so now you could talk to him.

Turned out, Cinnamon was a stray cat so you kept her as well. An adorable addition to the family you had.

"I'm going out for a bit, the fireflies will be out," you told Aizawa later that evening.

Just as promised, they were flitting about shining brightly in the night sky.

You climbed onto a tree to get a better view of them as you watched them fly about, mingling with the countless stars in the sky.

A little while later, Aizawa himself joined you as well.

"Beautiful, aren't they?" He smiled slightly, draping an arm around you.

"Yeah. They are," you grinned in response, leaning into his chest.

It was a peaceful night.

One you hadn't had in ages.

A/N: this was more of a filler to get through writers block. The next arc starts next chapter, hope you enjoyed! :)