Chapter 32: Back in business

You weren't sure how it happened, or why it happened. Heck, you didn't even know what happened.

It was late at night and the nurses had given up on ushering Denki out of the place. The two of you were curled up watching the live news.

Though the press conference, which was going terribly, instantly switched to a news flash as a skinny man appeared.

If you didn't see him in costume all bloody and bruised, doing his iconic pose, you'd have mistaken him for someone else. But even then, you were in denial.

The number 1 hero, retiring? Sounds impossible, absurd even. He was only in his late 40s, after all. But as the man of skin and bones coughed up more blood, you realised, it was time to move on.

A new era had come.

"It's crazy to think that beneath that smiling hero who saves everyone, he was really just skin and bones," you breathed out, shaken from the sight.

But then it all clicked magically as the puzzle pieces fit together.

"You don't think the villains attacked to lure All Might out, do you?" You asked Denki, almost innocently.

"They're villains, fuck if I know what goes on in their brains. But whatever the case, don't blame yourself. We all could've stopped it," Denki grimaced.

"I guess," you mumbled, before you noticed familiar faces on the screen. "Oh my God he's alive! Denki they got Katsuki back!"

"They're all alive. They did it!" The two of you cheered, hugging each other.

Tears of both joy and sadness were streaming down your faces as the two of you mourned the loss of great heroes but celebrated the return of your friend.

---

Fast forward a couple hours and you were fit and ready to leave the hospital with Aizawa by your side.

The two of you got into the car waiting outside as soon as you made sure Kaminari could get home safe.

"U.A's bringing in a dorm system," Aizawa immediately started the conversation as soon as you sat down.

Your eyes widened at that. The high school goes through many measures to keep the students safe, but never once have they implemented dorms.

"I guess it makes sense," you mumbled.

"Speak clearly," he scolded instantly. "Now the question is, do you want to stay in the student dorms or do you want to stay in the teacher's apartment?"

You thought about it for a second.

"Student dorms, thanks," you responded.

"Thought so. We're picking up All Might and then visiting all the families to get their ok as well, then you can start moving in," Aizawa explained as he flipped off a terrible driver.

"Do I have to come?" You asked.

He sighed at that question, having expected the reaction from you.

The look he gave you was a completely broken one, as if he knew he couldn't protect you for much longer and you'd probably die. Just like your brother.

"So we've both got separation anxiety huh?" You chuckled dryly. "Figures."

It was enough to get Aizawa to snicker as he pulled up in front of the Toshinori household.