Chapter 51: the saviour and the saved

It was only you and Sir Nighteye in the room, both terrified yet determined when it came to taking Overhaul down.

You instantly whipped out your two metal tipped fans from your pockets, ready to channel most of your wind through the tiniest holes Mei had pricked in them.

It would spread your wind out and make it sharper, without you having to use a lot of wind power.

It didn't take long for the battle to pursue.

Chisaki instantly sent wave after wave of spikes in your directions, both on the ceiling and on the floor. Since you were airborne, he attempted to contain you by creating spikes from above and taller spikes from below.

Whilst you twisted yourself in multiple directions, destroying the spikes with gusts of wind, Nighteye wasn't doing so well.

Since he didn't have a combat based quirk, but only his foresight and support weapons, he'd already gotten pierced multiple times.

You took one glance at his state and cut off all the spikes, giving him the smallest chance to free himself.

Yet he didn't budge.

"Don't waste your energy," he coughed out weakly, trying to smile.

"Nighteye I am not leaving you here," you argued, slashing at another spike coming in your direction.

"Don't worry little miss, he'll die anyways," Chisaki chuckled darkly.

You looked back at Nighteye pleadingly, wishing he could deny the truth you knew. Though he only smiled gently.

"You've got a bright future ahead of you," he whispered, before crying out in pain as his gut was pierced.

The gut wrenching scream was enough to bring tears to your eyes, knowing that another one close to you would die.

"You can't do anything about it. I could revive him, but why would I?" Chisaki taunted, sending spike after spike in your direction.

Each time, you dodged them, sending attacks of your own as well. Though every time you slashed at his limbs, they always seemed to grow back.

Soon, Midoriya came crashing in through the walls as well, ready to join.

"Update?" He asked you, One for All crackling around his legs.

"Nighteye's going to die, I'll need stitches, Chisaki is a bitch who should be executed, and we've lost track of everyone else," you seethed, aiming a wind reinforced kick in your opponent's direction. "Any good news?"

"We'll get everyone out," Midoriya promised, running in front of you.

You growled and sprinted after the boy, annoyed by his naivety.

"I don't think I made myself clear. Some of us are going to die here. Get Eri out, I'll be fine," you explained once more, shoving him out of the way when a spike came in your direction.

The boy turned around to look at you, with the most determined glare etched onto his face.

"We aren't letting anyone die in here," he declared, charging to the front.

He had the same spark a naive girl once had in her eyes. She too, wanted to stop others from suffering.

But at what cost?

When civilians are in trouble, heroes save them.

Yet no one even bothered to look at the young five year old girl, sobbing next to her parents. No one understood the troubles she'd gone through, just to give the others a good life.