Chapter 38: a weird sensation

A while later, all the students in your class had passed along with multiple others from different schools.

The final 100 were there, eager to see the next examination stage.

Yokumiru Mera, the organizer of this year's exam, began the dreary speech to explain it.

The man already looked like he was thriving off of 10 mugs of coffee per day and half an hour of sleep. Clearly, dealing with this generation's most problematic hero course was not going to fix that any time soon.

Once again, the building collapsed around you. Unlike the first time however, it was messy and created a lot of rubble.

"Rescue training," you sighed.

Having a mainly offensive quirk was useful, that way you could prevent the villain from attacking civilians. But this meant that you'd most likely have to team up with someone like Uraraka in the future, who specialises in rescue.

There would be a ten minute intermission, giving examinees time to prepare for the next stage while all the citizens got into their designated roles.

"Kaminari-kun, how you feeling about this next stage?" You asked your best friend, not realising that his last name popped out instead of his first.

"What's with the last name card?" He asked nervously.

Then you were reminded of what happened in the arena.

You instantly pulled him into a corner and switched to a more hushed whisper, so that only the two of you could hear the conversation.

"I'm not going to discuss this here with the others around, but we need to talk later. After the exam," you informed him instantly.

"Look if this is about what happened in the arena, it's fine. Really. I'm used to it," he mumbled sadly.

"You shouldn't be. Denki you don't understand how amazing you are, you don't have to be smart academically to prove it," you argued. It hurt you to see your friend like this, knowing that he rarely showed his pain to anyone. Most of it was well hidden behind his radiant smile and funny jokes.

"Sorry I didn't realise sooner," you apologised sincerely, hugging him. He pulled you closer, burying his head into the crook of your neck.

"Thank you for still being there," he whispered.

"Forever and always. You better pass the exam, I'll be waiting to be your partner in crime," you smiled.

"Of course I will," he grinned in response. Finally, a true smile.

"How you are not cheating on your wife still confuses me," a familiar voice grumbled.

You grinned at the sight of him and jumped up to hug him.

0.1 seconds. That's the record for who can touch Bakugo longest by surprise without being exploded.

Who holds the record?

None other than Kirishima Eijiro.

You were pushed off after 0.2 seconds, but on the bright side, you were now the new record holder.

"Sucks to suck redhead, you owe me lunch," you stuck your tongue out at Kirishima.

"Dang it, I'm broke!" He groaned.

"You're broke?" Uraraka questioned, making a good half of your class snicker good naturedly.

Before the multiple conversations could continue and escalate into what you could only assume would end as a massacre, the second phase of the examination started, leaving you all in the mess of an arena.

100 hormonal, reckless teenagers were released into a huge arena with little to no information on the procedure.

What could possibly go wrong?

While many rushed straight in to begin the evacuation, Shindo and you stayed behind to set the med bay up.

"Conscious and aware people to the right, dazed people in the middle, and unconscious people to the left!" You yelled so everyone could hear.

"Let's try keeping the families together, yeah?" Shindo grinned at you.

"We're heroes in training, that's our job," you scoffed incredulously.

The other only laughed at your response.

You rolled your eyes and headed straight in, trusting that all the students would be smart enough to follow the setup.

Your first victim was a mother desperately trying to wake her son up. Eventhough you knew it was HUC, you were going to take it like a real life scenario so as to gain more points and learn more.

"Ma'am? I'm hero in training, Cloud Nine," you introduced yourself, getting her attention. "There's an evacuation centre just down the road, I need you to follow me. There we'll get all the medical assistance for both you and your son. Can you walk?"

Since there was little rubble around them, the task was easy because there was nothing to move around. Others however, weren't so lucky.

"You're professional for a young girl, that's good," she smiled at you, which made you crack a grin in response. "I'm fine, thank you. Walking isn't an issue."

With that, she carried her son and walked next to you as you led her through the safest routes. The way to the centre wasn't silent. In fact, it was the opposite.

You tried to keep the mother distracted from the potential chance that her son might die by asking her random questions about herself. She kept talking and had a beautiful smile on her face as she reminisced over nostalgic memories.

"Shindo-kun! One conscious-aware and one unconscious," you greeted the ravenette as you entered the med bay. "Mother and son," you informed.

"Nice one Shirakumo-San," he grinned. "Watch the bay, I'm looking for people now."

"Fine, we'll take turns," you agreed as you set the boy down and administered basic first aid to him. "He's alive and breathing Ma'am, but he'll still have to get checked up at a hospital to make sure he's alright."

The exercise continued in such a manner, fleets of students coming to you with victims as you helped sort them and showed how to administer first aid where needed.

Things were running smoothly overall.

Too smoothly.

Both Denki's team and Midoriya's team brought in a flood of injured victims, which you examined and sorted.

"Stay on high alert," you began, telling everyone who was still present. "Something's off."

A/N: some Denki angst and class A fluff because I felt like it.

Anyways, question of the day. What are your MBTI types and what type do you think I am?