Chapter 10: Recklessness is Rewarded, is it not?

Before you knew it, the two weeks were over and you were all in a small room, anxiously waiting for the festival to start.

Just when things couldn't possibly get worse, Todoroki declared war on Midoriya.

"Oi, calm your tits Todoroki. We're going on in 5 minutes and we'll all be pitted against each other," you glared at him, dragging him away.

"I forget how vulgar she can be sometimes," Denki sweat dropped.

"How'd you manage to drag him away but not me?" Kiri grumbled, annoyed that his attempt failed.

You simply looked at the candy cane boy and sighed.

Before you could say anything though, Mic announced the classes to come onto the field.

"Hero course class 1-A! Recently attacked and gaining immense popularity!" He announced your arrival and continued listing all the other classes.

"Now, for the speech we'll have Bakugo and Shirakumo come to the podium!" Midnight cracked her whip as soon as everyone walked in.

Your class was tense. Bakugo would make the situation worse for everyone and you would either sprinkle salt on the wound or stitch it up.

"I just wanna say, I'm gonna win," Bakugo declared, angering every student in the vicinity. You took a similar approach, much to the horror of your class.

"If you don't qualify until the battles, you're not worth my time," you smirked as everyone looked ready to kill both you and your hot headed friend.

The first round, was an obstacle race. Nothing big or flashy as you had expected, but it would do to disqualify a handful.

Everyone was crammed into a narrow tunnel as they all pushed and shoved in a futile attempt to get more space. Thankfully, you were closer to the back were only few people wanted to be.

The bad news?

Todoroki was behind you.

You knew him well enough to know his first move so you immediately countered it by taking to the air on a small cloud. It would do for now.

As soon as the gunshot sounded, everyone charged in only to be frozen in place by a shimmering ice wave.
At that point only you and Todoroki were unfrozen so dropping from the cloud and running was safe enough.

The candy cane boy and you were neck on neck until you reached the first obstacle: robots from the entrance exam. Todoroki simply froze the first in the most precarious position possible before sprinting off.

You weren't letting him win that easily and ducked under the legs of the robot, sending a gust of wind up as well.
The bot fell over, trapping multiple students on the other end as you and Todoroki still held the lead.

"CLASS 1-A'S DAREDEVIL Y/N SHIRAKUMO, EVERYONE! NECK ON NECK WITH SHOTO TODOROKI, ALSO FROM 1-A!" you heard Mic announce your stunts.

The next obstacle was what looked like tightrope walking over a huge canyon. You weren't risking anything so you floated over on a cloud as Todoroki skated over.

You were tied until the mines obstacle, when you let Todoroki go in front so you could test out a new move.

Sense: it would pick up on any disturbances or unnatural objects both in the air and in the ground using very light vibrations. Using this move, you easily located every single mine that was ever planted.

Not wanting to use more of your quirk until the great finale you had planned, you practically danced over the obstacle, neatly avoiding all the bombs.
By now, Bakugo was in 2nd place with Todoroki as the two fought while running, and you were in 3rd.

Until Midoriya came whizzing over you like a rocket.

Not wasting another moment, you sent heavy vibrations through the ground with wind, exploding multiple bombs at once and therefore causing Todoroki and Bakugo to lose balance.

Exploiting that, you sprinted past them, chasing the rocket which was headed to first place.

But the greenette got there a second before you did.

"IN FIRST PLACE, IZUKU MIDORIYA! AND IN SECOND, Y/N SHIRAKUMO! FOLLOWED BY SHOTO TODOROKI AND KATSUKI BAKUGO, ALL FROM 1-A!" Mic announced.

"Who decided it would be a good idea to give that man a microphone," you groaned. "Congrats on first, Midoriya."
A certain someone, however, wasn't happy about it at all.

"Oi cloudy! What was that move? You were behind me, you can't just sweep in and take my place!" Bakugo yelled.

"I just did, didn't I?" You smirked. God you couldn't wait to crush him once and for all.

A/N: short chappie, I accidentally deleted it so it's not as good.