Chapter 32

When I wake up Friday morning, I have visions of the night before. Draco had showed me a side to him I never fully expected to see.

I have had these stories of him told to me countless time, his anger, his bitterness, his catastrophic outbursts.

Being in the place I am in, I have too many mixed emotions. I sit here in this hell of a life, being owned by this man I barely know, although I feel guilty for feeling somewhat safe.

I know it sounds mad, but I have this feeling of being lucky for being in the hands of Draco Malfoy. He has not touched me, and he says he will not. He has not hurt me; he has saved me from Graham.

All this evidence leads me to guess I am not in as much danger as I assumed.

This inner battle makes me feel incredibly guilty and somewhat scared.

I stand from the bed and decide to make my way downstairs to brew up some tea. I walk down the stairs and find the kitchen to be empty. The Manor is relatively quiet, I assume the boys are upstairs indulging themselves in card games.

I heat the kettle up with sleepy eyes. The sun beams loudly through the kitchen bringing in a large amount of light into the room.

When I hear the kettle scream, I take it off the burner and pour myself a cup.

"Enough for two?" I almost jump as I hear Draco's voice from behind me. I turn to look at him dressed in casual dark clothes.

"Yeah, let me get you a cup."

I take a cup from the cabinet and pour him his own. He stays silent behind me, but I can feel his eyes on my back.

He gives me a small nod when I hand it to him, and I respond with a light smile. We stay quiet as we both take a sip from the teacups in our hands.

"Plan on playing cards today?" I ask as I try to make the air in the room less uncomfortable.

He shakes his head as he takes another sip, "Not today, I think I will be alright tomorrow." He says as he swallows the hot liquid.

Being in the same room with him doesn't feel the same as it used to. After last night, I feel as though Draco could be someone I shouldn't be as afraid of.

"I need to talk to you about something." He says setting his cup down on the table.

I lower my cup from my mouth and turn my head to the side eager to hear what he has to say, "Alright?"

"You will need to take the pill again tomorrow night."

I furrow my brows and feel my hear sink, "You cannot be serious?"

He lets out a deep sigh and continues, "I can't have people questioning our relationship."

"Questioning our relationship?" I put the cup down on the table a little too aggressively, "I have nowhere to go? I have no idea where my father is, I have no idea where Hermione is, and to my knowledge if I were to even attempt to leave these gems on my fingers will stun me." I place a hand on my hip as I question his absurd request.

I watch as he licks his lips and turn his eyes down to me, "You do not understand Lancing, it is not about you running away. It is about others knowing I am not, for lack of better term, abusing you."

I am caught off guard by his remark. I feel my feet move quickly to walk closer to him, "I didn't realize you were putting on whole show for them, well thank you master! Thank you, Master Draco, for being oh so generous to me!" I feel heat rise to my face, "Thank you for taking me under your wing and not fucking abusing me! I owe you everything!"