Chapter 9

Olivia

It's been a month since Dean has talked to me. A month. I have lost sight on exactly how to reach him. During Herbology we don't talk, during meals we don't talk, in the common room we don't talk. Hermione and Ginny have talked to me a little but not in the same way it used to be. I have spent most of my time studying or in Malfoys room. Although, He and I have not been anything close to amazing either. I don't understand that boy. It's not like we are friends, because he still can make some hurtful comments to me, yet when we are alone it feels as though nothing can compare.

I'm supposed to go home for Christmas break tomorrow and I really want to talk to Dean alone before I leave.

"Lancing?" I hear as I am drawn back from my thoughts.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I say to Blaise.

"Do you want to try the spell?" he asks.

"She's not going to be able to do it, I can make that bet right now." Malfoy says rolling his eyes.

I give him an annoyed look from his comment. Okay focus Olivia. You can do this. I try to transform the glass goblet into liquid with all the power in my well being. Suddenly liquid fills the table.

"Nice." Blaise says smiling at me.

I can't believe I actually did it. Finally, I have proven to Malfoy that I actually can do transformations. I can't help but give him a smug smile.

"Whatever, you should've been able to do that weeks ago." he says under his breath.

Once the lesson was over I went out of the class to hunt down Dean. I really want to talk to him tonight. I race to the Great Hall to see him talking to Daphne.

I run over to him and slowly gain courage to talk to my best friend.

"Um..Dean..I need to talk to you.." I stutter out to him.

Dean gives me a confused look. I can tell he is debating in his mind if he wants to approach the conversation that I am begging him to have with me.

"Er..yeah..alright." He says, slowly nodding.

He follows me out of the Great Hall and down the corridors to an empty stairwell. As I sit down on the steps I motion for him to sit down next to me.

"What is it Olivia?" he says sitting beside me.

"Dean, I miss you so much. It physically hurts. I don't even know what to do with myself. I'm leaving tomorrow to go home and I can't bear thinking about leaving here without my best friend loving me like he used to. I need you in my life Dean. This has been one of the hardest months in a long time. I know I lied. I'm so sorry Dean, I promise I will tell you whatever you want! No matter if it hurts I will tell it all to you! Dean please I'm hopeless without you. Please I love you so much." I say breaking into tears as my emotions get the best of me.

"Olivia, can I be honest with you.." he says in a quiet tone.

"Of course please" I responded a little too desperately to hear him speak to me.

"I have missed you. " he says looking up at me.

My heart grows 80 times bigger at hearing him speak those words. My tears grow fuller from happiness.

"Dean, I'm so sorry I love you so much." I say with love behind my voice.

"I love you too Liv, I wasn't sure how to approach you after the Ball. I felt like an ass just leaving you in the common room crying." he says looking at me.

"No, I have been the ass. I think I have said this about a million times already but I'm so sorry Dean."

"Just one condition, don't lie to me ever again. If your....hooking up with Malfoy....just tell me." he says uncomfortably.