Chapter 16

Olivia

My eyes open as I feel a hand resting on my skin. The light pours into my room from the window behind my bed. I feel my eyes slowly adjust to the bright morning sun. I flutter my eyelids open to see familiar silver eyes staring down at me.

"Morning." he says as he rubs his thumb across my cheek.

He slowly pulls his hand away and I give him a small smile as I maneuver my body to sit up slightly in the bed. Still in a morning haze I wipe my eyes of sleep. I look at the boy sitting across from me with warmth in my heart.

"I have to leave.." He says looking down at the bed sheets not making eye contact with me.

"What? You just got here?" I am confused as to why he is leaving so early? I just got to see him and now he has to disappear again? My eyes furrow in disappointment and confusion.

"I know. I wasn't even supposed to be here in the first place. I will probably get ruined for even being here this long.." There is distance behind his eyes. I can tell there is something he isn't telling me.

"Please don't leave me.." I say leaning into him. He gives me a weak smile in response. I slightly move closer to him hoping he is lying to me. I know he isn't.

"I wish I didn't have to. Trust me." When he said this I could tell he meant it. I could tell those words came out a little stronger than he thought he was intending. I move closer to him and rest my hand on his jaw and I pull in for a small kiss. He kisses me back gently as he rests his hand on top of mine.

We slowly pull away as we look into each other's eyes. Yesterday was such a dream I wish I didn't have to wake up. I don't want him to leave me alone in this house. I can't let him have me be alone. No one is writing to me and I can't stand being out of the loop for much longer.

"Please write to me."

"I will when I can." He says with those distant eyes that seem to be making a home in his pupils.

"Promise me Draco." I say with seriousness.

"I promise."

After a while of laying in bed together we get up and decide that we have to get started with our day. I walk over to the end of my bed to see all of Dracos things already packed away and ready to go. I look up at him with a face of weariness. He gives me a silent apologetic nod before grabbing his trucks to head downstairs. My father is in the kitchen already making tea for the two of us when we get down there.

"Good morning! I have some tea ready for whenever you want it!" My father says with a cheery smile.

"Draco has to head back home." I say a little more bitterly than I intended.

"Oh. Okay..Well thanks for coming for the night Draco! I am very pleased I was able to meet the man that has my little Liv so smitten." he says walking over to us with a smile.

"Pleasure was all mine. Thank you for opening your home to me." Draco says politely as he shakes my father's hand goodbye.

Draco and I walk out the front door together to see the taxi waiting for the man I do not want to leave. He hands the driver his things and then turns to me.

"Fuck, I'm going to miss you thimble." He says putting his hands around my waist pulling me in.

"You could just tell your parents you ran away and are never coming home." I say slightly kidding. Draco gives off a small laugh at my response.

"I wont see you until school starts.." His smile fades and his head drops down to look at the grass.

"I know, but nothing will change between us by then. I will write to you, and you can write back. Plus, maybe your parents will let you come back to visit me." I say hopefully.