Chapter 8

Olivia

I can't believe that just happened. What was I thinking? I should've been smarter than to have a full on makeout session with Malfoy during a school event. I can't even imagine what is going through Dean's head right now.

Tears continue to fall from my eyes as I race around the castle looking for Dean. I had already searched the Great Hall but I had no luck. I was stopped by the Patil twins but quickly got away before they realized how upset I truly was.

I start to race my way to the Gryffindor common room not paying too much attention to anyone I am passing. I suddenly feel my body hit someone else's. Someone tall and stronger than me.

"Lancing? You alright?"

I look to see Blaise standing in front of me with Luna by his side.

"I'm sorry Blaise, I didn't mean to run into you. I need to find Dean though. Have you seen him?" I ask trying to wipe my tears.

"We saw him walking down that way with Daphne. Is everything okay?" Luna questions, obviously concerned by my tears.

"No, but hopefully it will be when I find Dean. Thank you!" I say running away from them in the direction that Luna pointed out to me.

I run down the corridor looking everywhere for any sight of Dean. I finally find Daphne standing in the middle of the hall all by herself.

"Daphne! Where is Dean?" I ask nearly out of breath from all the running.

"He just went into your common room." She says in a low voice.

"Thank you, I'm sorry for ruining the both of your nights." I apologize in a genuine tone.

"You didn't ruin it, Dean is a lovely boy." She says giving me a soft smile.

"Good, I'm glad. I'm going to speak with Dean now, I'm sorry again though." I try and say sincerely.

Daphne gives me a small nod as I turn to the entrance of the common room and enter through the door. As soon as I walk in I see Dean standing alone in the room next to the fire. I slowly walk towards him trying to find any words to say.

"Dean I-"

"Don't Olivia. I don't want to give you another chance to lie to me. I just need you to answer one question." he says turning towards me.

I nod in agreement not saying any other words.

"How long? How long has this been going on?" he says simply.

"A couple weeks.." I mutter out looking at the floor not being able to look in his eyes.

"Damnit Olivia!" Dean says raising his voice as he runs his hands through his hair.

"A couple weeks! Have you lost your mind? This is the same Malfoy that made you cry, that fought me, that has torchered our friends for years!"

"I know." I say with no excuses.

"You know? You know? Great! I am glad you are aware of that. Fucking hell Liv! To top it off you lie to me about it!"

"I know..." I say finally looking at him.

"Bloody hell! Liv, forget the whole Malfoy part, why would you ever lie to me? We have never lied to each other!" He says looking me so deep in the eyes I start to form tears again.

"I don't know! I felt terrible about it the first time it happened and then after that...I just didn't know how to tell you. I swear I was going to tell you after the Ball. I just needed to find the right time to." I struggle to say.