Chapter 40

Ladies and gentlemen... you ready? hold on tight. :)

When I wake up, I feel my body overcome by bed sheets. I try and move, but I am too weak. I flutter my eyes open to see the room dark, only the fireplace at the end of my bedroom is lit.

I look to see I am alone in the bedroom with silence echoing throughout the walls. I forget for a brief moment as to why I am here, but my mind works quickly to recall the events of the day.

What time is it?

I move my head up a little to rest on the headboard as I try and get my body to grow some strength. 

I think about the face of The Dark Lord, his presence. It makes my stomach drop at the thought of being in the same room as him earlier today.

My head starts to feel a little hazy as the blood rushes back down to my feet.

I then remember The Dark Lord looking through my mind, I did it. I hid the memory of Draco and I by the oak tree that day. He wasn't able to see any of it. I don't entirely know how I did it, but I did. He was much stronger than I expected, but my mind is stronger.

As a couple minutes pass, I slowly move my legs over the side of the bed. I grow thirsty as I sit, I need to get some water.

As my feet hit the cold floorboards, I take a blanket resting on the bed and wrap it around my body for warmth.

Opening the bedroom door, I hear silence down the halls. It must be late if there is no movement in the Manor. Blaise usually stays up pretty late, but there is no sign of him.

After descending the stairs, I look around again to see if there is anyone awake, no one. I guess I slept the entire day.

With the woven blanket around my body, I open the door to the kitchen. I am suddenly caught off guard and nearly jump when I see Draco sitting alone at the kitchen table, tea placed between his hands.

The lamp in the corner is lightly lit as he looks down stirring his cup slowly. His eyes remain down but quickly shift up to me when he hears my arrival.

"You're awake?"

I lick my lips and move further into the room, "Yeah."

"How are you feeling?" His voice is cautious.

I move towards the cupboards in search of a glass, "I am alright, my head hurts a little."

"I assumed it would."

I remain silent as I take a glass and walk towards the sink for some tap, "What time is it?"

"Half past three." His voice is strained.

My eyes widen and I turn to him, "Why are you awake?"

He stops stirring his cup and rubs one of his eyes with the palm of his hand, "I had a meeting at two, and I couldn't sleep after."

I finish filling my glass and walk towards the table, "Voldemort said he wasn't seeing you until Wednesday?" I take a seat across from him.

I watch as his eyes move quickly with something I can't read behind them, "Right, I had a meeting with Yaxley about Weasley. I won't see The Dark Lord until Wednesday, but I still have other meetings to attend through the week."

I take a drink of the water and it feels good on my dry mouth, "Oh."

"You did good today." Draco says letting out a sigh leaning back on the wooden chair.

"I hated it."

"I know you did." He bites his lower lip, "Meetings with The Dark Lord usually end in...discomfort."