Chapter 54

August 1996

Theo

I place my quill down softly on the parchment as I try and recollect the discussion from Potions this morning.

When the ink hits the parchment, I become fully frustrated with myself. I can't remember anything, and it seems almost as if my mind is working against me.

I do sometimes feel as though I am different from everyone else. My mind that is.

Draco can effortlessly succeed in everything, while I feel as though I am always ten steps behind.

I am convinced the only reason I am at Hogwarts is because of my parents. They probably paid a high amount for my seat in the classroom.

I run my hand through my hair as I place the quill back in the ink, giving up for just the moment.

I feel a pair of hands on my shoulders shaking me back and forth aggressively, "Nott, there you are!"

Malfoy.

I fake a smile, "Aye, what's going on?"

Blaise is close behind him, "Going to practice on the Quidditch pitch. Coming?" the blonde says as he rests his body on the table in the library.

"Can't, I have to write this thesis for Potions."

Blaise sighs, "Common mate, Malfoy is single again."

My eyes move to Draco, I can tell he didn't like that comment.

"I really can't, I'm sorry." I shrug.

Draco hoists his body from the table, "So be it. Let's get Pucey."

I bite the inside of my cheek trying to hide my annoyance. I usually would just leave and deal with this assignment later, but I have already pushed this back as far as I could.

Blaise waves me off as I'm back to being faced with what is in front of me.

I take in some air and try to get my mind to become more focused. I close my eyes trying to dissolve any self-hatred towards myself.

As my mind is nearly cleared, I hear a chair across from me shuffle. My eyes dart open to land on red hair.

Ginny Weasley is carrying a few textbooks as she tries to settle herself at the table.

Her wide eyes move to mine, "Oh, is it alright if I sit here?" her voice is shaking. She is nervous.

I raise my brows, "Uh, sure."

Her face becomes pink as she organizes herself. I watch silently at what she does. It may be because I am still procrastinating this assignment, but I still follow her movements.

She has a few pieces of parchment with her as she lays them out in an organized manner. Her hair is pinned up by a brown clip with a few pieces falling to her face. I watch them sway as she moves.

Her fingertips move through the pages as her eyes scan the area searching for whatever it is she is looking for.

Her bright eyes quickly move to meet mine.

Fuck, she caught me.

"Err..." I scratch the back of my neck, "What are you working on?" I ask trying to divert the situation.

Her face I red now, "Herbology."

I nod, "Nice..."

I have never spent time with a Weasley one on one before, especially not the girl.

I shake my head and move my attention back to this thesis. I take my quill feeling somewhat determined to knock this out.

Yet again, nothing comes to my mind.