Chapter 42

With my heart racing, Draco turns back to face me, "It's alright. Get some water from the kitchen to calm down and then go dance, you're on the pill remember?"

I swallow and nod in understanding. He is right, I need to trust that either him, Theo or Blaise can win me over Dolohov. I am not sure how good he is at the betting because I haven't been here ever since he started coming to The Manor.

"Lancing, come to the bathroom with Daph and I." Pansy takes my arm. I give Draco one last look; he lowers his eyes to me in a comforting manner.

With that, I turn to Pansy and Daphne, "Yeah alright." Daphne gives me a small half smile before leading the way.

While we pass the foyer, I watch as the boys walk up the stairs behind each other. I try and move my eyes back down to in front of me, I can't look worried about the bet.

I walk into the bathroom and place myself on the closed toilet letting out a deep sigh as I try and release my nerves.

"Don't worry Liv, you will be okay. Malfoy has gotten better with the cards." Daphne speaks trying to make me feel better.

Pansy pulls out a small tube of lipstick as she leans over the sink to the mirror to reapply the red, "It's true," she mumbles as she works focusing on her lips, "I have taught him well."

I run my hand through my slightly damp hair, "I know, but it's the fact that I finally have all the answers I have been looking for and now my small sliver of freedom can be taken away in a matter of minutes." I try to express just how worrisome this situation is.

Daphne fixes her bangs in the mirror but then faces me, "You need to trust Malfoy. If not him, at least trust Blaise."

"Yeah don't put any faith in Nott, he is pretty shit at Rummy." Pansy cuts in putting the tube of lipstick back in her waistband.

"I won't be able to focus on my little act tonight until I know I am safe." I speak honestly.

Pansy's tall black heels click on the marble as she moves closer to me, "Sweetheart you are going to have to." She purses her lips.

I let out a small laugh as I think about it all, "Trusting Draco? It's funny saying it out loud after everything we have been through." I look towards the floor, "But I have to." I move my eyes back to the two.

"Ready?" Daphne's sweet voice asks.

"I guess." I say standing from the toilet.

Daphne gives me small rub on my upper arm as we follow Pansy out the door. The neon lights come back into vision, and I feel a little overwhelmed.

I grab both the girls, "I am going to the kitchen for a moment. I just need some air."

"What if someone sees you?" Daphne asks.

"They won't."

They both give each other a look before turning to me, "If you do, just act like you are lost." Pansy answers. I give them a nod as I watch them disappear back into the crowd in the living room.

I move past the bodies and try to make my way into the kitchen. I think I may take up Draco's offer and get some water or something to try and collect myself. I try to keep my eyes down to the floor but move my body to the music so I can blend in with the other broken paragons.

I finally hit the blue neon lights and find the door to the kitchen. I open it in a hurry hoping the crowd doesn't find comfort in stove tops and spoons.

As soon as I walk through a small smile moves to my face to see the entire area empty. I move to the dining table to rest my hands on the wood. I let out a few deep breaths as I try and calm down.