Chapter 107

"How is she?" Simon asked as they sat down on the sofa in the front room while Eric is still in his own world with his toys. Dave heavily sighed before looking up to Simon.

"By the looks of it. She was worse than she was when we first talked." Simon swallowed the lump in his throat as he felt his chest get heavier.

"At this stage hallucination, paranoia and from what the girl has been through, I'd say PTSD." Upon hearing the word Simon remembered something. Lisa said before they took her in that she was sick.

"She had that even before we had her. Her guardian in the orphanage Lisa told me she was sick and that she has that." Dave got so curious and interested on the little girl and why did she had PTSD before. What happened to her.

"Did she mention to you why?" Somehow Simon caught on and decided to drop the subject. He's protective side is starting to kick in.

"No, she just told me she was sick" He shrugged dismissing the subject. Henry sighed heavily and sat back on his seat quite sad about the situation of Athena.

"I feel sorry for your daughter Simon. Don't get me wrong but she's just 12 years old for crying out loud and such a sweet girl." Simon pinched the crook of his nose as he felt his heart getting heavy. Its true though that Athena doesn't deserve this. She has been a wonderful daughter and a sister to Eric. She doesn't deserve any pain in this world.

"When is the next session?" He asked rubbing his temples feeling like a headache will start again.

"Any day next week. I'll tell you when I would come and visit. For the mean time I need you to get these medicines for Athena to help her ease a bit." He says as he wrote them on a piece of paper before handing it to Simon. He then folded it and kept it in his pocket.

"I better get going. I still have another patient to attend to." He says before standing up. Simon stood up as well and accompanied Dave to the door.

"Thank you for stopping by Dave" He says as Dave put on his coat.

"Anytime, now see you next week" Simon nods before Dave walked out of their home. Simon then released a heavy sigh as he closed the door wondering what happened on the session.

Now that he heard what was the diagnosis of his daughter. He was having second thoughts on going to America for work. He doesn't want to go knowing that his daughter needs him but also knows his wife won't approve of the idea.

————————
"Babe please. You're not listening to me."

"Simon for the thousandth time, I said no. You can't skip an important meeting just for us. I can't let you do that. We'll be okay here" Cheryl said a bit loudly as she sat on their bed getting annoyed with her  husband. Cheryl doesn't really like it when Simon gets into trouble because of them.

"Just come with me to America then"

"I already told you Bobby's birthday is coming up and I already told Kimberley that we'll be there. I can't cancel on her. We'll be fine Si."

"No you need me here. Athena's sick she needs me." Cheryl's brows furrowed as she crossed her arms on her chest.

"Its just four days Simon. I'm sure our daughter will understand. I can also take care of our children." Cheryl snapped. She was pissed off. She was getting annoyed by the way Simon was making her feel, like she's incapable of taking care of their children by herself.

"Cheryl-"

"You're going to America tomorrow and we'll stay here. That's final." Cheryl says before storming out of their room leaving Simon dumbfounded.