Chapter 11

"Lisa agreed to the idea. She said that she'll get the sample for us." Simon said as he lays down beside his wife. This made Cheryl smile moving closer to her husband resting her head on his chest.

"Really? That's good news." Cheryl whispered as her mind travels to Athena.

"I heard her voice earlier by the way."

"What?" Simon was surprised at what his wife just said. Since the incident, Athena never spoke to anyone unless she was having hallucinations.

"Yea, and you were right she has a wonderful voice, its soothing in the ears."

"What did she say?" Cheryl smiled as she turns her head and looks up at him. Simon smiled instantly as soon as he saw his beaming wife's smile.

"When she saw us, she wiped my tears and gave us the rose I gave her and said 'It makes me smile' " Simon didn't question the 'tears' part cause he knows she can be emotional most of the time. Cheryl looks away and sighed.

"How about the semi-finals..Is she still on the list?"

"I don't know about that babe, but I'll talk it out with the others." Cheryl didn't respond and just stare at space and Simon noticed the silence of his wife.

"You okay?"

"Yea, I'm just, I dunno. Nervous I guess..about the test..What if she's no-" Simon cuts her off with a kiss making her look at him. She knows he's got something to say.

"All signs go to her. If there isn't a need to get a DNA test, we wouldn't be doing it cause we both know that she is your daughter. So stop the what if's okay" Cheryl smiles looking at Simon. She was amazed by her husband making sure everything is going to plan.

"What?" Simon looks down to his wife in confusion as he notice the stare.

"Thank you...for doing this for us."

"I'll do anything to make you happy." He whispers holding his wife tight giving her a kiss on top of her head. It made Cheryl feel safe and secure.

"I love you."

"I love you too" They both sealed their love with a tender kiss.
---------
Bzzz

The buzzer came on making Cheryl popped her head out of the kitchen.

"Bubba, you stay there. I'll just get the door." Cheryl says to her son who is sitted on his high chair before heading towards the front door. She opens it and saw Nicola making her smile.

"Hi babe, come in" Cheryl gave her a hug and a kiss before letting her in.

"Where's the little boss?" As soon as the little boy hears her Aunt's voice he's face lit up.

"He's a-"

"AUNTY NIC!" The boy yelled making Nicola let out a laugh while Cheryl rolls her eyes.

"You know where he is" Cheryl giggles as they made their way to the kitchen and when Nicola saw the little boy, she rushed to him lifting him up making the boy burst in giggles.

"Why is your face covered with chocolate?" Nicola giggles as she holds him tight. Cheryl watched them with a smile on her lips.

"No its not." He pouts as he tries to wipe his face but it just got worse.

"Yes it is"

"Aunty Nicola"

"What?"

"Can I sleep in your house?" Nicola smiles and looks at Cheryl who has her brows raised.