Chapter 56

Author's P.O.V.
It is Athena's birthday and the little girl doesn't know what's coming. She doesn't know that today is her birthday because all she knows is her birthday is a few months away.

Cheryl was the first one to wake up. She was too excited that she didn't actually sleep and just waited for the morning to come. And now she walks to her daughter's room and smiled as she slipped under the covers beside Athena after putting all the helium balloons in her room making them rise up covering her entire ceilling. She  stared at her stroking her hair that is starting to grow again before placing a kiss on her forehead.

With this Athena started to stir but didn't woke up and it made Cheryl let out a breath of relief. She smiles aand move closer to her draping her arm on Athena's middle just getting lost in the girl's beauty.

Seeing her daughter in front of her sleeping like a baby is still so surreal. She still can't believe that her Athena Isabella is in front of her breathing in a steady pace. And she can't be more grateful than that. It was something she wanted and prayed for and now it came true. She was given a second chance to live and Cheryl knows its also a chance hiven to her to be the mother she should be to her. She just completes her.

Moments later, Athena's eyes flutter open just to be met by brown eyes and a sweet smile that made her morning complete. She smiled and move closer to her mother burrying her face on the crook of her neck smelling her mother's sweet scent.

"Good morning Bella" Cheryl said softly placing kisses on Athena's shoulder which made the little girl relaxed in her arms. There's nothing more comforting than sleeping in her mother's arms. After quite sometime, staying like that holding each other, Athena decided to wake up completely as she pulls back while rubs her eyes but when the view got clearer she noticed the balloons making smile but she's so confuse on what are the balloons doing in her room. She looked at her Mam and saw a dimpled smile across her face.

"Happy Birthday my Bella bear." Cheryl says as she scrunch her nose before placing a kiss on her daughter's cheek.

"Is it today?" Athena tries to let it sink in because she's still confuse on what really is her birthday because she thought her birthday is not until next month.

"Yea baby, its today." Cheryl kisses her forehead and sat up straight pulling Athena with her and now they are sat face to face as Athena looks up and was  looking interested with the balloons.

"You didn't know did you?" Cheryl whispered making Athena look at her.

"I thought my birthday is on August 15"

"Maybe that was the day when you were brought at the orphanage. But your real birthday is today." She smiled and it made Athena sighed and smile before gettingbon her knees and launched herself to her Mam hugging her tight which Cheryl returned immediately.

"Thanks you Mammy. This is so special. I love you"

"I love you too sweetie. But that's not half of it." This made Athena pulla away and look at Cheryl confused.

"I can't say it yet because its a surprise. But I promise you that this will be the best birthday you've ever had." A smile slowly appeared on the girl's face before hugging her mother again.

"It already is." She whispered feeling very thankful of this day.
----------------------------------
Its already noon when Simon took Athena out to have spend some quality time together and also to keep Athena away from the house while Cheryl and the girls started to organize everything for the party. Eric insisted that he would help but all he was dojng is eating treats as Kimberley makes the food with Joan. While Cheryl and the others are arranging the set up at the garden.