Chapter 6

It was already afternoon when a phonecall rings at the shelter. Marvin answered it.

"Hello this is the shelter, How may I help you."

"Uhm, may I speak with Lisa. I'm a staff of the X factor, I just want to talk to her for a second."

"Wait a second" Marvin covered the mouthpiece of the phone and called for Lisa which the red head immediately respond.

"What is it boss?" She casually says with a smile on her face making Marvin roll his eyes.

"Phonecall"

"For who?"

"For you bonkers. Here" Marvin handed the phone to her which she carefully took. She likes winding him up.

"I'll check up the rooms." And with that he walked away leaving Lisa to smirk to herself as she raised the phone up to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Is this Lisa? I'm a staff at the X factor." At the sound of this, Lisa straightened up instantly interested on what they will talk about.

"Speaking..What's the matter?"

"I would just like to know where is Athena, We're halfway through the rehearsals and still she's not here. Is she sick or something?" Lisa's brows furrowed at this. She thought Athena's already there. She her parents will drive her.

"I-I don't know..She was adopted days ago. But she told me yesterday,her parents will drive her there."

"But she's not here." A frown form on her face at the thought of Athena lying to her which is impossible. She sounds happy the last time she talked to her.

" I'll just call her and find out. Thanks for informing us though." They said their goodbyes and with that the call ended.

Lisa let's out a loud sigh as she pick up the phone again and dialled her phone.

"Hello?" Comes a faint response. She instantly got worried.

" Athena, why's your voice like that? Where are you?"

"Don't worry Lisa" she coughs " I'm okay, just a little fever. Mum and Dad are taking care of me." She lets out a breath. She thought something bad was happening to her.

"Do you want me to visit you?"

"No need Lisa.. I'm fine, This will go away tomorrow."

"Are you sure?"

"Yea"

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye Lisa" As the call ended. Lisa noticed somethings that made her decide that she'll visit Athena tomorrow.

She's pushing me away.

Athena never does that to her. She rejected every offer that she made to her. Its like she doesn't want her to visit her and she needs to know why.
----------
Athena lays on the floor numb. Her arms are full of bruises and cuts as well as her legs. She got beat up again after he caught her father taking drugs.

She doesn't cry or sob.Its late at night and she's bee lying on the floor for hours just staring at the wall in front of her. Her fingers glide across the wooden floor.

Her arms and legs are broken. Her stomach is grumbling, she still haven't had food in her and she's already weak. Her lips are pale and dry.

Her father tied her ankle at the foot of the bed and locked her up in her room. She was slowly giving up.