Chapter 7

She's being tortured by her foster parents.

Upon hearing this Simon's heart starts beating fast. Suddenly, he didn't care about the show or his work. He needs to see Athena.

"Lisa where are you?"

"We're on our way..I need to go. I'll just give you the address" Lisa gives him the address before hanging up. He stood up immediately catching the attention of the other judges.

"Where are you going? Something wrong?" Amanda asks as she looks up to an uneasy Simon.

"I need to go"

"What?!" The three judges said in unison. "Go where? Simon we're on the middle of a show here" Alesha exclaimed but Simon was having non of it.

"I just. I need to go" And with that he turns and walk off the panel ignoring the other judges' calls.

Cheryl stood up as she saw this. She raised her brows as she saw him coming towards her.

"Babe?"

"I need to go, you sta-"

"Wait what?!" Simon lets out a breath and looks at her wife and it only reminds him of Athena.

She's being tortured.

"What is happening, I'm confused. Why are you leavi-"

"Athena's in trouble Cheryl." Cheryl's face fell. She doesn't know what to think. But she knows its serious.

"Is she sick?" He shook his head and looks at his watch.

"I need to go-"

"I'm coming with you-"

"No! Its too dangerous, You and Eric will stay here and watch the sho-"

"I can't watch a f*cking show knowing that you're up to something. " She hissed. Simon knows he can't argue anymore cause he's in a hurry. So he nods his head.

"Lily, take Eric home please. I'll explain later. " Lily took Eric in her mother's arms. Cheryl placed a kiss on her sleeping son's forehead while Simon did the same before running out of the arena.
----------
"Simon tell us what's going on" Simon speeds through the streets. Her mind was consumed at the thought of Athena being tortured.

"Simon" He glanced at his wife by the passenger seat and saw the worried look on her face.

"Athena's an orphan Cheryl" Cheryl's heart starts to race. Her mind went to Isabella and she didn't know why.

"She's being tortured." Cheryl gasped as she takes it all in. Though she haven't met the girl, she's nervous. What she's feeling is very similar to what she felt when her daughter had gone missing.

She sits back in silence as she looks out the window not asking anymore questions. She feels different like she's too scared for the child. She can feel her heart pounding off her chest thinking how can someone torture a child, either biological or adopted, It doesn't matter. A child should be treated with so much care and love.

I just don't understand.
-----------
Tied up at the foot of the bed, Athena lays on the floor. She's weak and so tired.

Save me

Her mind screams. But on the outside, she stares at the wall. Her fingers glide across the hardwood floor. She has no tears left. She feels dead even though she's still breathing.

She can't feel her body. She was dying. She feels that she's dying. The only thing that's keeping her alive is the remaining breaths she's consuming.