Chapter 40

Cheryl and Eric arrived that morning seeing that the little has woken up brought their spirits up especially Eric who ran to the bed and struggle to get to her sister. Athena lets out a smile as her brother launched himself on her hugging her tight and although she's still feel so weak and tired, she tried to sat up to hug her little brother tight.

"Athena, are you sick?" The little boy sniffed which made Athena pull away and saw tears trickling down his sweet face and it breaks her heart to see him like this especially because she's the reason behind those tears.

"Yea, but I'll be okay and get better baby... Please don't cry" She whispered as she wiped his tears and placed a soft kiss on his forehead. The boy nodded before hugging her sister again.

Cheryl sat beside Simon, her eyes locked on her children watching the moment with a smile on her face but that fades as she turn to look at Simon who is staring at nothing and looks like he's in deep thought and when Cheryl placed her hand on top of his, he jumped at the contact then turn to his side quite surprised that Cheryl and Eric are already in the room. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't even notice them walked in the room.

"You okay, you're quite lost" Simon sighed and let out a sigh before nodding and giving Cheryl a small smile. He wants to mask it for a while but in the inside he really wanted to talk to Cheryl about what the doctor had just told him.

"I'm just tired that's all nothing to worry about." He placed a soft kiss on her head but the tone of Simon's voice didn't seem to convince Cheryl instead it made her even more worried. She wanted to know why is Simon acting up all so cold and she wanted to know what's going on in his mind. Cheryl pulled away and looked into Simon's eyes and saw pure sadness and the intense stare she was giving made Simon look away and lets out a smile trying to lighten up the mood.

"We'll talk later" Cheryl whispered before turning to their children. Cheryl got into a mood because she hates the fact that Simon is not telling her something. She knows something is up but Simon is not telling her. Simon was nervous because his wife's tone is pretty serious and he knows that later he might have to say it already and he wanted to prepare what's going to come.

-----------------

"Now talk to us." Simon just stayed still on his seat staring at the floor with his arms on his knees and Cheryl was getting worried with this. She haven't saw his husband act like this before, it's like there is something big that he's carrying and she wanted to find out what that is.

"Babe, please... tell me what it is. I'm not used to this." Cheryl whispered softly taking his hand in hers and this made Simon look up to her . Cheryl was reading his eyes and she can tell that he is sad but she can't read what the reason behind it is. Simon decided to just tell her so he took a deep breath before sitting up straight facing his wife.

"S-She's got m-months left" He whispered and Cheryl was frozen she didn't know if what she heard is right and she hopes it's not. Her heart starts to race and all the blood in her had drained out, she was not expecting what she just heard. And then everything went mute her thoughts overcome her.

Months

"N-No, She'll get better right. That's why s-she's getting into therapy." Cheryl stuttered as she started to get uneasy as tears are starting to form in her eyes. And upon seeing this Simon's arms made its way around his wife engulfing her into a comforting embrace and with that she broke down crying on his chest. The thought of her daughter gone into their lives makes her want to die already. She can't see her future without Athena and Eric growing up together. It's not what she thought of.