Chapter 119

After that night in the garden, Cheryl barely sees her daughter anymore, just when its time to eat mostly during lunch time. She won't go out of her room anymore. She has a weekly session with Dr. Hamilton but he noticed that his patient was getting worse week after week. She won't speak anymore or show any emotions. She stares into space and won't respond to anything.

This led him in to consideration of putting Athena into an institution so they could treat her even more. Simon was having second thoughts about it thinking it maybe a good idea so Athena could be better but also terrified of what might happen to his daughter when he's not there to look out for her.

Cheryl was out of it. She wouldn't agree to any institution because she knows the system and she knows that they wouldn't be able to give the proper care for her daughter. She blocked the idea off her head and it resulted to an argument with Simon again.

Eric was mad because still his parents are still stuck up with his sister. He feels so alone. He couldn't get any time from them and even though he goes with his father to the live shows still Simon's mind was more focused on his sister and it was building up inside of him. A part of him was mad for the reason of his sister not giving him any attention anymore and that makes him feel so completely alone.

Now he's sat in front of his sister's door staring at it with brows knit together. He was angry, sad, lonely, confused. He can't deny that he misses his sister. He barely sees her anymore. Yes, he's mad. He's mad that his parents are too focus on her but at the end of the day, Athena was the only one who gave him her complete attention every time they're together. But now, he can't even get that from her.

He slowly stood up from the floor and slowly walked  towards her door. slowly knocked twice this time rather than the usual banging of her door.

"Athena" His voice was small, very fragile but got no response so he continued.

"Can we play?" He asked but nothing this made a lump form in his throat and it made him instantly mad as he started banging again on her door demanding the presence of his sister.

This was heard by the couple downstairs and in an instant stopped what they're doing and ran upstairs to see their little boy banging on their daughter's door again. Simon ran to Eric pulling him away from the door and that's when Eric broke down crying uncontrollably on his father's shoulders while Cheryl immediately unlocked her daughter's room just to see Athena curled up tight at the edge of her room crying and breathing heavy, gasping for air, cold sweats on her body.

"Bella" Cheryl whispered as she knelt down in front of her daughter so afraid to touch her own fragile daughter. Simon didn't walked in, he couldn't take the scene he might break down so he slowly close the door and somehow Eric got a glimpse of his sister and he got confused.

That's not my sister.

"Dad" He whispered as soon as the doors were closed. Simon looked at his son seeing his confused and sad look on his face.

"Yea" He replied wiping his son's tears as they headed downstairs.

"Who was the girl in Athena's room?" Simon's brows furrowed and realized that maybe Eric doesn't recognize his sister anymore with the huge weight loss she had and that is so sad.

"Baby, that's Athena" He whispered sadly and the boy shook his head with tears daring to come out again.

"No that's not Athena Daddy. The girl looks so different who was that?" Eric asked again with a trembling lip. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He just couldn't believe that's his sister.

"Baby-"

"Where's Athena Daddy?" Simon looked in his son's sparkling sad eyes and it made a lump form in her throat.