Chapter 44

Cheryl rushed through the hallways as she held her son tight against her eager to see her daughter and find out what had happened to her. She can't stand being in the mansion knowing that there's something wrong with her daughter. Her heart was beating fast, she was nervous and scared. What she just witnessed earlier has been imprinted on her mind ever since and it would always flash right in front of her making her go insane.

"Cheryl!" She turns around with the familiar voice and saw Simon walking towards them, obviously has been crying and this made Cheryl heart race.

"How is she?" She says as soon as he was in reach. Simon placed a soft kiss on his son and wife's forehead before deciding to answer Cheryl's question.

"She's stable, I'm actually on my way to her room." Simon says softly while he took Eric in Cheryl's arms and carried him at the same time he took his wife's hand and made their way towards their daughter's room.

"What did the doctors said?" Cheryl whispered having second thoughts about it..If she even wants to know what is the current condition of her daughter.

"She needs to have her appointment with her doctor as soon as possible. She needs to take her therapy"

"Why can't she take it here?"

"Her records are back in London. I'll call Henry and let him know we'll be flying back later." Cheryl nods and soon they arrived in front of Athena's room. They took a deep breath before entering and seeing the lifeless body on the bed made them stop in their tracks.

Athena had gone so pale and thin with the huge amount of blood loss. Wires and tubes are attached to the little girl and for a split second they couldn't recognized who is really on the bed because who they're seeing right now is far from their cheery

The couple slowly made their way towards the bed looking down to their precious daughter as a lump had appeared behind their throats.

"She looks so weak.." Cheryl sniff trying to keep her voice firm and not to crack while her fingers made its way to Athena's hand holding it as she sat herself down on the chair by the bed. Simon was looking anywhere but his daughter because he knows that the moment he would look down at her, he would break down and might decide to just stop the therapy.

Cheryl rests her head on the side of the bed and can't help but stare at her little angel thinking how hard she's going through her life. And that thought breaks her heart into million pieces. And slowly everything becomes so real and it just sends tears in her eyes. She just wants to see her daughter in a better state where they won't be attaching tubes, wires nland needles every week. She just wants her daughter to be better and the cancer be gone.

"What time will be our flight?" Cheryl whispered feeling so hopeless.

"When she wakes up, I'll talk to the doctor so he could help us. I also texted Henry and let him know we're coming home today."

Cheryl didn't respond and continue her stare at Athena while Simon sat by the sofa cradling Eric in his arms as he watch how Cheryl stroke her daughter's locks. And slowly his eyes look up and caught a glance of Athena's state and somehow a tear fell down his eye. He haven't seen his little girl in this state. This was different.

Athena is more pale than before as a blood bag is attached to her. It was some kind of an eye opener to him. And he's scared that soon enough they won't be seeing her.
-----------------
Simon holds her daughter's hand while Cheryl sleeps beside him her head on his shoulder holding a sleeping Eric. This is the only time Simon lets out his tears that he's been keeping in. He doesn't like his family seeing him cry. He has to be strong to keep the family together.