Chapter 78

Author's P.O.V.

Days have passed and somehow Athena is trying to cope with the new atmosphere she's living in. It was all new to her and living there made her realize something. Their house is huge and wide in space. She was given a tour on the first day and now, she's trying to memorize the counts of steps she would take to get to where she's going. But even though she barely goes out of her room. She feels safer when she knows that she's all alone.

Many things still hasn't change like nightmares still would visit her every night. She doesn't speak that much. Her room is always locked. She doesn't socialize with anyone even her little brother that is craving for her contact and attention.

Eric is feeling sad lately that even though his sister is just a few feet away from him, their relationship wasn't like before. He can't talk to her, he can't play with her, he can't even go near to her because the little boy is scared of her. She wasn't like the usual Athena that is cheerful, bubbly and friendly. Athena is now on the opposite side and Eric is not used to it and never will.

The couple was hurting. They don't know what's worse, Athena being dead after the incident or watching her torture herself with pure sadness and despair because she can't remember anything and not to mention being blind. It was hard because they get to see her suffer from her nightmares which they don't know if they were just nightmares or bad memories that are coming back to her.

They thought that when Athena gets better and wakes up, everything would be back to normal and they would be happy again. It never really crossed their mind that they will be having a really hard time with the situation they are in right now. And now, all they want is to help Athena to regain her sight then maybe it will contribute in regaining her memory back. Maybe then it will be the key to her being able to remember the people she's with, because in honesty , her family is totally craving for the Athena they once knew before. The demure, loving and caring Athena who always stays on the positive side and never gives up on anything. They just want their Athena back

------------------ 

The day had arrived when Athena will have her appointment to her opthalmologist. They checked her up and had high hopes that she will eventually see. All they need is to schedule an operation for this. So by next week Athena will have her operation so that she might see again and all of this makes the couple so happy.

But right at the moment, Athena is again locked up in her room. She doesn't want to go out because she doesn't feel safe. Its like someone is going to attack her when she's out in her sanctuary, that's how she feels.

The couple was sad about this because they can see that the distance that Athena is making from them is not only affecting Simon and Cheryl but also Eric. They noticed that the little boy wasn't in full spirits like he used to be. In the morning, he usually goes to the garden and play all morning but now he just puts on the telly and watch cartoons all day. The couple figured that it was indeed about Athena when they decided to talk to him.

This made the couple worry and somehow they can't do anything about it. Thinking that for Athena, they have just met so they can't go on telling her what to do. But as for the moment, Simon and Cheryl are trying their best to take Eric's attention from the situation and make him feel wanted again. Maybe it'll bring Eric's spirits up.
-----------------------------------
It was a cold morning, when Simon was the first one to wake up. He untangled himself from Cheryl befpre placing a kiss on her wife's forehead. He then took a key from the drawers then made his way out.

He made his way to her daughter's door taking a deep breath before unlocking her door. He's not used to this. Going to her daughter's room secretly just to see her without the empty look on her face and also to see her because he knows he might see her the whole day because she would just lock herself in her room again.

He slowly walked towards the bed taking note to be quiet so that he might not startle the little girl. He stares down at his daughter and sat down on the edge of the bed with a small smile on his face. Simon still finds his daughter cute when she sleeps just like his wife. Which really amazes him.

"Goodmorning my princess" He whispered as he removed the hair that is covering her face and immediately saw the scar on her cheek which Kevin left and it made his face fall. Every time he would see the scar it reminds him of the incident and it was breaking his heart.

"Next week you might see us now. And I really wish that it would help you to remember us and all the good memories that we shared together. Your Mam is hurting so much seeing you like this, we are hurting. We need you back princess. We need you back so badly." He whispered afraid to wake up Athena. He then placed a soft kiss on her temple before standing up and starting to walk away with a heavy heart. He stepped out the door after locking it again.

"Daddy" He looks up and saw his little boy clutching his stuffed animal close to him looking like he just woke up.

"Goodmorning baby" He smiles as he walks up to him lifting him up and carrying him. The little boy yawns and it earned a small chuckle from Simon. The little boy then rests his head on his father's shoulder and sighed.

"I-Is Athena awake?" There is hesitation in the little boy's voice and Simon notices it pretty well which is making him feel bad for him.

"No baby, she's still asleep" He placed a kiss on top of his head as they made their way to the master's bedroom. The little boy remained silent upon hearing this resting his little head on his father's shoulder feeling a bit sleepy.

When they got in the room, Cheryl is still sleeping just like when Simon left her. He glanced at Eric to see him asleep on his shoulder making a small smile appear on his face. He then decided to tuck him on the bed beside Cheryl so they can sleep peacefully before placing a soft kiss on their foreheads. After a while he then decided to make breakfast for them and go on a day trying to fix their family and everyday he would wish that the day will come that Athena will soon come back to them because there's no words to express how they truly miss her. They just want the Athena they used to know be back in their lives.

Comments??? Votes???Feedbacks???