Chapter 42

Athena's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sight of my little brother sleeping beside me which sends a smile to my face but then it slowly fades as I notice the unfamiliar atmosphere. And somehow, my heart starts to beat fast. I shot up which sends pain in my head and take in the surroundings. No one is here just me and my brother and I started to wonder where my parents are. I can't call them out because Eric might wake up so I decided to get off the bed as I clutch my head.

I took a deep breath before walking through the closed curtain and that's where I saw my parents talking as Dad was working on his laptop with Mam clinging to him. And to my presence, Mam looks up and a smile appeared on her face as she pulled away from Dad and stood up going over to me.

"Hi Bella, had a good sleep?" She said softly before placing a soft kiss on top of my head. I would've smile but still, I'm confuse on where we are. She took my hand as we walk to Dad who has a smile on his face. He placed a kiss on my forehead before Mam sat me on her lap. I rest my head on her chest and look at Daddy who was smiling at us.

"You okay sweetheart?"

"My head hurts a bit but I'm okay" I let out a small smile. Dad placed a soft kiss on my forehead making me smile before turning back to his laptop again.

"Where are we?"

"We're on a jet baby... We'll be in Spain soon" With the thought that we are on a jet right now amazes me. But really , I don't have any strength to jump up and down right now so I just look up to Mam and smiled at her. She then lets out a giggle and placed a kiss on my forehead before pulling me closer to her and in her arms, I'm fully satisfied. And all I wanted is to stay here forever that's why I'm still fighting because I know I can do this.

"Daddy" I soft whisper echo through the atmosphere which made us turn and saw Eric by the curtain rubbing his eye and this made Daddy stand up and walked over to him lifting him up as Eric rest his head on Dad's shoulder and it made a smile appear on my face.

"Bubba, good morning" Mam said as soon as they sat beside us. Eric smiles and rest his head on Dad's chest mirroring me. I leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the forehead before returning to my old position and smiled at him as he lets out a giggle. I love seeing my little brother happy, it satisfies a part of me. And it makes me happy every single day maybe that's why I just wish that I won't get to see him when I'm at the hospital because then he would see me in my worst way and if ever, if its possible, I would go. I won't want him to remember me like that. I want him to remember the times we had spent together not times when I'm lying on the hospital bed fighting for my life.

------------

We soon landed on green fields just a few miles from a huge mansion and it brought a huge smile on my face. I never thought that my parents has another mansion other than our home. Me and Eric walked hand in hand out of the jet and soon the wind blew making me instantly relax. It's been a while since I felt so peaceful and relaxed. And this is the life I want, with no one following us around. No men with cameras. Just us family, then that I would be so much happy and satisfied.

"Wow, Mammy. I love it here!" Eric yells letting go of my hand and starts to run around which made a giggle escape from my mouth then I decided to join him and in that moment memories came flashing back to when the time I was running around the garden with the kids at the orphanage and slowly I'm going back to my old self. A girl with big dreams that already had come true. It was the life I dream of and now it's real and I'm living it.