Chapter 14

Athena wakes up at midnight and she did the same routine every night that she wakes up. She would stare at the clock till the sun shines, hoping everyday that her voices and the dark shadows won't come back anymore to control her.

She had no life. Her hallucinations has her life and it was the one controling it not Athena. It controls her like a little puppet. And it was slowly taking every good that is left in the little girl's heart.

But that only changes when Cheryl is around. The girl doesn't know why or is that even possible but all the bad things that surrounds her fades, the moment she knew she's there.

Cheryl doesn't know that and Athena is not planning to tell. Its better if she just left it unsaid, she feels that if she say it then Cheryl would feel responsible of Athena even though they haven't actually known each for quite long. She feels safe around her.

Today, another session will happen again. And this time Cheryl wants to be there in the same room as hers. She wants to know what the girl is feeling cause there's something inside her feels that there is a need to. Today is also the day she would find out if Athena is really her daughter and that thought didn't let her sleep last night.

She was nervous at the same time excited. She prayed and hope that Athena would be her daughter. That she is Isabella, her long lost daughter.
-------------
Cheryl was feeling uneasy all morning especially now, that they're on their way to the hospital. The couple decided to leave Eric to Nicola thinking he's already been to the hospital many times and they do not want him getting sick just because he caught some virus in the hospital so they thought its better not to take him with them.

"Babe.." Simon says as he noticed the silence of his wife. He held her hand and placed a kiss on it making Cheryl look at him.

"You okay?"

"Y-yea.. Just a little nervous." Cheryl gave him a small smile before letting out a sigh.

"It'll be alright. Just think positive." Cheryl just gave him a smile before looking out the window again.

Its not only the test result she was thinking. What if she really is her daughter. How would she tell the little girl and her possible reaction to it.

Athena would probably go mad at her. Maybe she would blame her for why she was in the hospital or why she was suffering right now. And she knows she had to take that no matter what.

"We're here" Cheryl snapped out of her thoughts as she looks up and saw that they're at the hospital already. She sighs and took a few seconds to compose herself begore taking off her seatbelt.

"Cheryl."

"Yea?" Cheryl looks at Simon and caught his stare. Simon leans forward giving Cheryl a kiss. He wants to reassure his wife that everything will be alright and Cheryl felt that within the kiss making her smile.

"I love you." Cheryl whispers as she plants one last kiss on her husband's lips making Simon smile.

"I love you more darling. Everything will be okay.." Cheryl have him a smile and nods.

"You ready?"

"Yea"

"Let's go." The couple got out of the car and went throught those double doors ignoring the looks they're getting. They headed to Athena's room.

"You go in. I'll get the results." Simon said before giving his wife a peck and with that he went off.

Cheryl took a deep breath and composed herself before entering the room where she found a man and Lisa talking to each other.