Chapter 16

The couple arrives at the hospital. Cheryl was feeling very nervous, her hands were cold and shaking, her lips are running dry with every breath that she lets out.

She never felt this nervous before. It was different. It was a mixture of all emotions she was feeling and it was making her stomach churn as they got closer to Athena's door.

Simon notices how uneasy his wife is acting. He knows there's a lot of thoughts going through her head right now and he wants to let her know that it's going to be alright. So he took her hand and placed a kiss on it making Cheryl look up to him as they stopped in front of Athena's door.

"I'm sh*ting myself Simon. I don't know how will I start the conversation." Simon held her by the shoulders and let out a breath.

"Relax, okay. Everything will be alright. Just say what you had never said to her for eleven years. Babe, Athena is your daughter and she loves you. Why are you nervous?"Cheryl sighs and dropped her head making Simon lets out a breath as he pulls her into his arms placing a kiss on top of her head.

"It will be fine." Cheryl burries her face on Simon's chest letting oit heavy breaths. She was trying to control her emotions and try to compose herself before pulling away.

She looks at Simon and she actually can't believe he is going through this with her. Abd she was thankful for that.

"Now, go. I'll wait for you here. Just call me after." Simon smiled. Cheryl stared at him for a while before she tiptoed and capture Simon's lips.

"Thank you so much babe." She whispered against his lips making Simon smile. Cheryl then pulled away completely and composed herself before entering the room where she finds her daughter staring again while Lisa looks up to her as a huge smile appeared on her face.

"Athena, Cheryl's here" Lisa says as she walks up to the Geordie giving her a hug.

"I'll leave you two alone." She whispers and with that she walked out of the room leaving a nervous Cheryl behind. She slowly made her way to the bed as a lump formin her throat just seeing her daughter in front of her makes everything so real.

"H-Hey sweetheart. It's Cheryl." The girl looks up her blue eyes meeting brown ones. She let out a small smile at the presence of the brunette. She feels safe.

"Hi baby." Cheryl smiles as she placed the brown envelope on her side before placing a kiss on Athena's forehead and it made her feel special. She didn't experience this much affection before and it was satisfying her in some way.

"Thanks for the roses." The girl smiled showing a glimpse of her dimples and it made Cheryl melt.

"Your welcome Athena...You look beautiful when you smile." Athena's smile slowly fades upon hearing this and it made Cheryl panick thinking if what she said is wrong.

"D-Did I s-say something wrong?" She whispers as her hand made its way to the girl's chin gently lufting it up so she could look at her. The girl shook her head and just gave Cheryl a small smile.

Silence

Cheryl doesn't know how to start the conversation though she wnted so bad to just say what sge has to say and finally get to hug her daughter. So she cleared her throat before speaking. Its now or never.

"Uhm...Athena, I need to tell you sonething." She whispered making the girl look up to her and nod.

"You know I had a daughter once." Athena frowns at this. She didn't know this story and she's quite interested at it.

"I loved her with all my heart. More than myself. She was taken away from us. And it made my world fell apart. She-"

"Why are you telling me this?" Athena was confuse and somewhat nervous though she doesn't know why.

Cheryl stares at the girl in front of her as her eyes sparkle with the tears that was daring to come out. She swallowed the huge lump in her throat before picking up the brown envelope beside her. Her hands were shaking and she can hear her heart pounding against her chest. She knows she's got to do it now.

"I want you to take this" The little girl stared at Cheryl her heart beat i matching with the brunette as she took the envelope from Cheryl.

"What is this?"She whispers as she opened it and took out the result. Cheryl was keeping a breath in as her eyes give up and gave way to the tears as it falls down to her face.

Blue eyes scan over the words. Her heart beats as fast as light. It wasn't sinking in her mind so she read it over and over again.

"Y-You're my mother?" She whispers as she slowly looks up to Cheryl and with that Xheryl burst down in tears saying her apologies over and over again.

"I-I'm really sorry, A-Athena. I-He took you away from us. I'm so sorry." Athena watched as her mother broke down in front of her and right then her dark shadows and the figure of her parents had came back but her voices had stopped. But it was odd that this time she wasn't scared. Her focus was on her mother crying infront of her apologizing for something she didn't do..

And in an instant Athena felt happiness in her heart. Her dream had come true and she's infront of her. Her imaginary mother had become real.

In a blink of an eye, Athena launched herself to her Mam hugging her tight as possible like she's afraid to let go cause she thinks that if she lets her go she'll be gone. And she doesn't want that. She wants to know she's in reality right now.

"You're my mother" She sobs as she burries her head on her shoulder crying her heart out. Cheryl felt a weight has been lufted of her shoulder as she embraced her daughter in her arms. Her heart burst with love as she closed her eyes feeling her daughter in her arms.

"D-Don't let me go please?" Cheryl kept her tight hold to her daughter as she placed a kiss on Athena's cheeks.

"Never." She whispers placing one last kiss on her forehead.

She's lost

Lost in her mother's arms. Right at that moment she knew she was going to be safe. That no one's gonna hurt her or make her feel bad. Not even the shadows, her former parents nor her voices. Cause as soon she was in her mother's arm she feels that she's back to her old self again.

She was happy.