Chapter 121

"Dad can we see the northern lights?" Athena asks out of the blue. I tilt my head getting a peak of her from behind the papers I'm reading to see her watching the TV showing the northern lights and it made a smile on my face.

"Yes, princess I'll have a talk with your Mam so we could arrange it on our next vacation."  Suddenly her head popped up behind the papers a huge smile on her face and it made me chuckle.

"Really? Are we really going?" Her face is full of excitement and it made my heart skip a beat. I nod in response to her question and in return I get to have a tight hug from her.

"Thank you Daddy! It'll be so wonderful"

"I bet it will be my princess"

I sat here staring at my daughter with tubes and wires attached to her. Cheryl's outside with Garry. She still couldn't take it so I called her brother to talk sense in to her. Joan and Gary are on their way here while my son is still with Kimberley. I don't know if she told him already I haven't got any news from him yet.

Machines still ringing in my ears. Its so hard to think that these machines are the only thing that keeps her breathing. Its hard to accept now that I know after this day, I would never see and hold my little girl again and I've been sitting here trying to just say something. Say my goodbye

"Hey princess" I bit my lip as I slowly held her hand. Its cold, too cold and as I look at her hand flashbacks starts hitting me and it was making the tears fall from my eyes.

"I'm sorry" I broke down dropping my head on the side of the bed. Its so painful in my chest. I'm not ready. She's suppose to get better. We're suppose to see the northern lights after my show. But we're too late.

"I'm sorry I didn't get to save you. I'm sorry I was too late. I know you're so tired. Tired of the dark. Tired of everything.Its just hard to think that we'll never get to hear you and see you again" I looked at her. She looks so peaceful. I raise my hand and start to stroke her hair before placing one last kiss on her forehead.

"I want you to know and remember that I love you. You're my daughter even if you're not my blood, you're a part of my heart and soul and I love you forever. I will never forget you and everything about you. You're my only princess, my angel." I breathe out a heavy breath. before resting my forehead against hers.

"You go, its okay. I'll take care of the rest here. I understand. I know you're tired. Its time to rest my princess. Don't worry, I'll take care of our family. I promise" I whispered with my heart on every word.

"Simon"

Cheryl's P.O.V.
I stare at the figure in front of us and I couldn't take it. The sound of the machines filling the air and to think that by the time it stops, my daughter's breathing will stop too.

I was too caught up staring at my daughter that I didn't realize that I was already sat on the chair next to the bed with Simon behind us and for some reason I'm scared. I'm scared to touch her because I don't want to know the truth, that this is real.

She's really gone

"Athena?" I hear my son says before cries started echoing in the room. Tears dropped freely from my eyes as I swallowed the huge lump in my throat. This is not happening. I don't want to believe its true.

"Si, could you wake us up now." I whispered before I felt lips on top of my head and it reminded us that this is really happening. I never thought I would get to say goodbye to my daughter this way. Its too soon.

I looked at my daughter's hand and slowly took it skinny fingers lacing with mine. Its so sad to think that this would be the last time I get to hold her hand. I get to feel her touch and somehow I don't want this night to end because after this night I won't be able to hold my daughter anymore and just by the thought of it makes me so sick.

"Baby, my angel" I croaked. "Why'd you leave us so soon my love. We had a deal that you're going to get better right? You will stay with us and everything will go back to the way it was. You'll be able to play with Eric again. We had a deal right?" I couldn't help it. I cried my heart out. I want her to know everything.

"We're going to see the northern lights after Daddy's show right cause you told him you wanted to see them. Why? I'm not ready my love , I can't cope. I miss you so much. I really do."

"I'll leave you two-"

" No just stay" I didn't want Simon to go he's the only one I'm getting my strength to say these things I might not be able to say again.

"I'm sorry Isabella, you had to go through this. I'm so sorry baby I was too late to save you. I wish we had more time. Its-" I couldn't speak anymore as I broke down in tears clutching her hand in mine. I felt a hand on my back but I was too lost in the dark.

"Excuse me. I'm sorry to interrupt but its time." I look up to see a nurse looking at my daughter with a sad expression as she walk to one of the machines.

This is it. She's gonna go

"Can I start?" She whispered. I felt Simon's hand on my shoulder making us turn and look at him to see a crying Eric in his arms. I took Eric as we move closer to Bella. Simon then gave the nurse a small nod signaling her to turn off the first machine then the other and another and the sound sends dagger into my heart.

"Mammy what's happening?" I look down to my son and I can see the confusion and fear in him and it hurts me to see him like this and somehow I couldn't tell him or let alone say a thing. By the time the tube in her mouth was about to be removed Simon looked at us.

"Stop" He spoke up making the nurse stop.

"Wait" He says before taking my hand and Eric's hand placing it on my daughter's chest then he spoke up.

"Princess, its okay. We'll be fine here. I promise to take care of our family. We love you so much" This just made tears fall rapidly from my eyes.

"Are you ready?"

"No, just do it" I whispered and with that she started taking the tube off my daughter.

My mind just shut down. Flashbacks hit me every second she was taking it off. Every smile,laugh,cry flashed in front of us like a movie and I can't help but let out a cry. Its too painful.

One last breath...

The continuous sound of the machine rang in my ears followed by cries of my son. I was stuck. Stuck in my own world that starting from this moment

Everything will fall apart..

Comments? Thoughts??