Chapter 41

Simon's P.O.V.

It was the middle of the night when my phone rang. It's a good thing that I'm still wide awake at that time that I get to answer it right away before it wakes Cheryl up.

'Hello?' I whispered as I walked out of the room and into the balcony as the cold breeze hit my face making me shiver. Who could call me in this time of hour.

"Mr. Cowell,I'm sorry to the jet has just arrived, I'm sorry it took some time because of the broken parts but it's in a hundred percent good condition." Relief washed over me. The jet has been gone for months because of things that needs to be fixed and its a perfect timing for it to be fixed.

"That's great news. Is it safe to use it for tomorrow though?"

"Yes sir" I smiled upon hearing this. All I need to do is cancel our scheduled flight and be there in a few hours so paps won't be able to get us.

"Thank you Henry, I'll see you in a few hours." And with that I hung up and dialled the airport's number to cancel our flight. After all is said and done, the call ended and I took a deep breath before walking quietly in our room where I found my beautiful wife still sleeping peacefully on the bed and it brought a smile to my face. I find her adorable when she sleeps.

I took a sigh and walk towards the bed slipping under the covers beside Cheryl her back is turned to me and I found myself watching as her body rise and fall with her breathing in a slow pace. It somehow relaxes me for some reason and that's one of the infinite things I love about my wife. She do things naturally that makes her so special and made me go crazy for her. Yes, we fight, argue but that's normal. In fact it makes us stronger because then at the end of the day we would work it out or settle it eventually.

As the night goes deeper, I move close to her and snake me arms around her and it made her move and turn and now her head is on my chest snuggling further getting comfortable and it made me smile as I place kiss on top of her head before laying back staring at the ceiling.

Sleep just won't take its toll on me. My thoughts had gone wild, maybe because with what's happening at the moment or is it just because stress is already taking over my body. It's a good thing that we're going to a vacation right now, out of this place but then after some time we would have to go back here because of Athena's therapy.

That's another one, my daughter's condition. In two weeks, I would then see her again lying in a hospital bed looking so weak and fragile maybe even worse and I can't even do anything to make her better. Even Eric is worried about his sister, he cries every time he doesn't get to see her every day and that worries me a lot especially that I'm already aware of what's going to come and that haunts me every time.

I just wished somehow, Athena could lay low in Spain. I already got our villa and its secured so no one would be bothering us for the meantime. We could spend some quality time together as a family, just like normal people doing things together but then I know it would just be temporary, because the moment we get back here, all that is left will return and haunt us again.

------------

Flashback in italic

"Are you sure that the jet is safe to use?" Cheryl's been asking me this question a hundred times and I've answered it with the same answer.