Chapter 64

Simon was woken up by the thrashing and turning of his wife beside him. Cheryl's having a nightmare again. It's been a week since the incident. Up until now, they still haven't found her and Cheryl's having nightmares since then that's making Simon was getting worried of it.

"Cheryl, Wake up" He pinned her arms on to her side while he tries and wakes her up. Cheryl's eyes then snap open as she shot up breathing heavily like she ran a hundred miles. Simon watched her as she brought her knees up to her chest and cried, it was breaking him apart because he can't even do anything to make her feel better.

He gently took her in his arms and placed kisses on top of her head. No words were spoken and they just stayed in that position for a while. Every sob is a stab in his heart and it was slowly killing him.

Athena's been missing for over a week now but still no trace of her that can help them to save her. Every morning, they wake up hoping that that day would be the day they might be able to save her and they would always get disappointed because at the end of the day, there will be no updates or news on whereabout is Athena.

This was slowly breaking thw family apart. Simon and Cheryl are often fighting and arguing about everything. They've both changed eversince the girl was taken away. Eric is the most affected on the situation because he's now depending on her Nan or the girls' comfort. He misses her parents so much but it seems like they have no time for him these past few days.

"I think you should go back to slee-"

"No, I can't sleep anymore." Cheryl whispers coldly before sitting up straight wiping her tears away. Simon watched Cheryl as she stood up and it made him confuse.

"Where are you going?"

" Downstairs, might have some tea. I don't know. I just need some air." She whispers before completely walking out of the room leaving Simon sighing on the bed.

As soon as Cheryl went out of the room, fresh  tears roll down her cheeks remembering her dream again. She feels like it was telling her something. Is her daughter getting beat up and torture to hell. Her dreams states that and she can't take it.

She went downstairs and walked into the kitchen drinking a glass of water recovering from her dream before going out to the garden. She knows its the middle of the night and she might not see the roses but the stars are in full show. Cheryl closed her eyes before wishing to the stars to bring her daughter back. She just misses her so bad.

She wrapped her silk robe tight around her body as the cold wind blew before sitting herself down on the bench and look around. Her mind immediately went to her daughter. The garden belongs to her daughter. Everytime Cheryl's out on the garden, it always reminds her of her daughter.

This brought tears in her eyes. The pain she's feeling is the worst pain she had ever felt in her entire life. Her daughter is missing and is possibly in total danger and still here she is, she can't do anything. She doesn't know where to start, where to find her and she's going crazy about it.

Her nightmares are haunting her, what she sees feels so real and she's afraid that it may be true. Everytime she closes her eyes, she would envision Athena getting beat up, getting locked up. Her screams and calls for help are stuck in her mind playing like a broken record and it was driving her mad. She then cried silently, biting her bottom lip as she bring her knees up to her chest rocking herself back and forth finding some kind of comfort.

And Simon sees this which totally broke his heart. He haven't seen her like this before and it was starting to scare him. He made his way to his wife slowly afraid he might scare her. He carries a blanket in his hands before slowly hanging it around Cheryl's shoulders making the brunette look up seeing her husband standing in front of her with worried eyes and in a second her eyes were filled with fresh tears flowing down her cheeks and this made Simon sat beside her taking her in her arms giving her what he thinks she needs.

"Its okay, we'll find her soon baby.." Simon whispered before placing kisses on top of his wife's head. And somehow Cheryl was holding on to what Simon was saying. She wants to believe that they will find her and she will stick to that no matter what happens
----------------
"Go wash the dishes!" Eloisa demanded as soon as she entered the kitchen. Her piercing eyes made Athena stand up even though she's not finished eating her food and she's been starving for the whole week. She held her breath as she made her way to the sink taking her plate with her while she drags her broken leg.

This week had been hell for her. They always lock her up in the smallest mistakes she's done and beat her up with a firewood. She can't eat, she can't sleep, she was losing weight too fast. She serves them, she became a slave and even though she's going through this. Her heart is still hoping to find home.

She found out that she's somewhere in Canada. It was new too her. The weather is colder than ever, and everynight she would be sleeping shivering in the cold. Her room is in the attic and her only source of light is one candle. It wasn't enough to warm her up, maybe that's why she was starting to have coughs and colds but she didn't mind that. She just wants to get out of there.

"Hurry up!" She jumped at the sudden voice making the glass slipped from her hand and to the floor breaking into pieces. She stared at it feeling her heart beat fast knowing that she might get another beating session from her so called mother.

"You piece of sh*t! You can't do anything right." Eloisa charged at Athena grabbing her hair pulling her forcefully making the girl cry in pain. She dragged her upstairs into the attic grabbing a firewood on the way.

"Face the f*cking wall" Eloisa hissed as she threw Athena against the wall and without any warning, she hit her with the firewood making Athenaq scream in pain as fresh tears flow down her cheeks.

Her pain has been doubled again. The scars that are on her legs weren't healed yet. Her leg was already broken and yet she's hitting it with a firewood. One more hit and Athena fell to the floor not taking it anymore. She was getting exhausted with it but the pain was still there.

"You will stay here until you've learned your lesson." Chains were attached to her wrist and ankles locking her in place and with that Eloisa left, quite satisfied with her work.

Athena was locked up like a prisoner but someone who didn't do anything wrong. Her tears slide down her face as she sobs her heart out. There wasn't a day that she would not cry out of pain. Everyday she would get a mark from the couple and it was making her tired. She wanted to go home but doesn't know how.

How can she go home if she's miles away from home. She doesn't know where to go. Phones are kept in the house. They don't have neighbors for her to ask for help. It was so hard and the only thing that she's holding on to is that her parents will find her soon but even though she won't admit it, she was getting tired and was losing hope on everything. She just wants this to stop. That's all she wants.

Comments??? Feedbacks???Votes???