Chapter 33

Author's P.O.V.

Simon walked back to Athena's room quite upset with Cheryl. He admits that he too is having a hard time accepting his daughter's condition. But he was trying his hardest to cope with it and do everything to make Athena happy and he doesn't understand why can't Cheryl do that. She said it herself that her girl is a fighter then why can't she be the same. It was confusing and disappointing for Simon to see that in Cheryl.

"Daddy, have you found her?" Simon looks up to his daughter seeing hopeful eyes staring at him and it made him sigh. He walked towards the bed wiping the tear tracks on the little girl's face and slowly nods. This made relief washed over her as she lays back and lets out a breath she didn't she's been keeping in.

"Where is she Simon, what happened?" Alesha asks out of concern that made Simon turn and look at the two of them and remembered the recent event or argument that he and Cheryl just had.

"Uhm... She just needs air, she'd be okay... She'll be back here later." Athena sensed something different about her Dad's tone but decided to leave it alone thinking that it was just her mind playing tricks on her blaming the meds that the doctors had given her. Simon, soon notices the missing presence of his son which made him confuse.

"Where's Eric?"

"Oh David has him, They went and buy some sweets, the boy's craving for chocolates." Amanda said and it made Simon smile and turn to his daughter who is staring at nothing.Simon started to stroke her daughter's brown locks making Athena look up to him and gave him a small smile and Simon gladly returned it.

"Daddy?"

"Hmm?"

"When can I go home?" Simon looked down at her daughter and sighed.

"Baby, not for a few days. When your fully recovered then you need to take your therapy so you'll be needing to recover from that but after all that is done and the doctors can allow you to go then we can all go back home yea?" Simon explained which Athena took in well though a part of her felt so bummed because of that.

"Will you and Mam stay with me through it."

"Yes, of course"

"How about your work? BGT?" Simon sighs at the thought of his work getting in the way always and it somehow made him feel upset on the inside though she gave his daughter a smile to reassure her.

"You don't need to worry about that princess..."

"Daddy" She said in a warning tone, because she knows that he might not go to work because of her and Athena doesn't like that. She doesn't want to be a burden.

"What?"

"Promise me you'll go to work"

"I promise" soft giggles were heard from the room making Simon turn and saw the girls giggling and keep avoiding eye contact with him and it made Simon confuse and curious on what the girls are on about.

"Spill" He said firmly making Amanda and Alesha look at him and burst out in giggles.

"We're sorry, It's just that we're seeing the soft- hearted and sweet version of the Simon Cowell and it's very entertaining actually." Simon smirked and roll his eyes.

"Don't push your luck you two."

"Okay, okay. we'll just leave you both and give you some father-daughter moment." Simon smiled. He appreciates what his co-judges are doing in spite all their busy schedules they still found time to support and help him and his family during times like this.

"Thanks girls" Amanda and Alesha just gave him a smile as they walked out of the room closing the door behind them and this time it's Athena's turn to let out a soft giggle making Simon turn to her.