Chapter 125

Its the first day of Athena's memorial. Only close friends and family were informed about it just to avoid the paps hounding around them. Simon also made sure they are secure by surrounding the venue with security.

Athena's memorial took place in a secret garden in London a few miles from the city. Away from all the chaos of the world just pure serenity. Her casket is surrounded by tons of white roses in full bloom and he knows she would love them but even though seeing this just makes everything so real and it was very painful for the couple so much for their only son who wasn't in the mood the whole day and kept having tantrums every now and then.

The girls were there. It was not the reunion they plan of having and even though its Sarah and Nadine's first time to meet Athena they were still devastated by the news and had regrets that they haven't met the young girl back when she was alive. Kimberley and Nicola's stories about the little girl had them wishing they had visited her just for a while.

Other friends and family were there. Some Athena have met like Simon's co judges on BGT and X Factor. Some are Cheryl and Simon's friends from work. But there was one person who came who Cheryl didn't expect to see

Lisa

As soon as she saw her walked to the casket Cheryl's eyes shot at Simon who looked away with Cheryl's intense stare. Simon knew it was a bad idea to allow Lisa attend the memorial but thinking about it. She has the right to see Athena for one last time. He couldn't take the fact that she took care of her for eleven years almost her whole life and without her maybe Athena would've died sooner.

But seeing Lisa made Cheryl feel the guilt build up inside her like a toxic poison burning her. Cheryl was mad at her husband for not even considering on talking to her about this. She was not ready for this so she went out to try and compose herself trying to stay calm but it was impossible as she was starting to have a panic attack again.

"Cheryl!" Simon called as Cheryl held on to the wall for support as she felt her knees getting weak and her breath was starting to get heavy.

"Stop" She stopped and turn to face Simon and that's when her tears fall. She thought she was all out of it but it seems like she still has. Simon's heart was beating fast seeing his wife's state. He knows what's coming but Cheryl's health is more important than any argument.

"Babe you need to si-"

"Why?" She whispered through greeted teeth. She was mad because she felt betrayed by her own husband.

"Cheryl-"

"Why Simon? Why is she here?" Cheryl raised her voice through her tears. "Did you call her? When?" Cheryl was waiting for an answer but Simon didn't know what to say or how to tell her wife that Lisa just wants to see Athena. Seeing how broken Cheryl is made Simon regret his decision.

"Cheryl I think you need to res-"

"I'm fine! Answer my question" Cheryl demanded. Simon lets out a sigh before looking into her wife's eyes.

"Chez, she just wants to see Athena that's all. She called me when she found out in the papers."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"I wasn't thinking my love. I'm sorry. When she called all I was thinking maybe Athena would be glad to see her. She has the right too you know" Cheryl know Simon was right but she couldn't help what she was feeling just seeing Lisa and the fact that Simon didn't even considered what she would feel was making her mad.

"Because she took care of my own daughter for eleven years and now that I had her she died. What do you think that made us feel Simon seeing her here. I already feel guilty enough for killing my own daughter you don't have to ru-"

"Hey!" Simon snapped. He had enough hearing what Cheryl was saying. But Cheryl wanted to let it out because the truth is she blames herself for the death of her daughter.

"No its true, she died because I didn't listen. she died because I let her fight her demons alone. She died because I was too late to save he-" Simon couldn't take everything Cheryl was saying so he pulled her in his arms and that's when Cheryl broke down breathing heavily.

Simon's tears fell as she held her broken wife in his arms trying to calm her down. He can feel the weight in his heart gets heavier and heavier every time he sees the state of his wife. She's completely broken.

——————-
Simon is sat on the front row just staring at the casket of her daughter. Cheryl was so tired from the earlier events that she fell asleep beside Simon her head on his shoulders. He never imagined in his entire life that he would be on a garden memorial and never did he imagined that its his daughter's. He misses her so much.

He missed everything about her. Their talks and her giggles. Every time she was not doing good he would take care of her. The way she smile and seems to light up every thing. Her voice. He doesn't understand, why is it so soon. Athena didn't deserve to die let alone suffer from everything that she's been through. From her abduction to her cancer and recently her mental health caused by her second abduction which was the worst.

"I miss her" A sudden voice snap him out of his stare and made her look to his side and saw Lisa. He was expecting Lisa to be mad or anything but with the looks of it, he's surprised that she's that calm. Lisa then looked at Simon and gave him a sad smile.

"Aren't you mad about what happen-"

"Don't start Mr. Cowell" She said in a serious tone before letting out a sigh.

"Just Simon" She nods before turning her attention again to the casket and it made Simon look.

"I have accepted Athena's fate even before we met you guys." Simon was left confused and intrigued on what just Lisa said.

"What do you mean?" Lisa looked at Simon and let out a sad smile before letting out a sigh.

"With what Athena has gone through all her life, its not easy to live with that. You said she died of a heart attack?" Simon looked away knowing the real reason of his daughter's death and with that Lisa knows she was right.

"I know Athena doesn't have a problem with her heart but I know she's sick in here." Lisa says as she points at her temple.

"It doesn't go away easily. She has PTSD and when we met you guys. I was happy that at least she had a reason to fight through it but to be honest I know its not gonna last that long with your way of life. But do you know why am I not totally mad that she's gone?"

"Why?"

"Because in that small span of moment she was with you guys. I can tell that she's happy. She had her moment with you and she lived the best of it. I never imagined I would see her in the tele whenever there's a story about your family and your vacations and pictures flashing on the screen. I never thought I would get to see Athena smile again. Her life was extended because of you, Cheryl and your son Eric. And I'm glad that her extension was filled with love and happiness. So thank you." A tear fell from Lisa but she wiped it immediately and let out a smile.

"You took care of her and gave her the best moments of her life and there's nothing more I could ask for." Simon lets out a smile and was amazed by the woman in front of her. Its very rare for him to meet a person who has a genuine heart and for some reason it was making him miss Athena even more.

"We never got the chance to say thank you." This made Lisa look at Simon waiting for him to continue.

"You looked out for Athena her entire life and thank you for giving us a chance to have her. To be with her till the end." A tear fell and Simon immediately wiped it away releasing a sad chuckle. He then looked at Lisa and a smile slowly form on the redhead's lips before silence took over them. Just thinking about the little girl who's laid in front of them.

Hey angel, rest well my love. We'll see you soon -Lisa

End.

Thoughts? Comments??

A/N: This is the end of the book guys. I just want to say thank you for everything and being my motivation to write. This book will have a sequel and I will upload it as soon as I finish a few parts. Anyways, I still hope you read this book. It really means a lot.😘

See you guys on the sequel🫶🏻🥰