Chapter 37

Author's P.O.V.

Simon just arrived in a quiet home carrying his sleeping son. The telly was on telling him that his wife is probably waiting for them to come home. He didn't went to the after party knowing that his child is with him and honestly, he can't wait to go home. 

"Si?" A whisper echoes in his ears as he head towards the grand staircase making him turn to his side seeing as his sleepy wife made her way towards them and it made a small smile appear on his lips. Cheryl gave her husband a kiss as soon as he was in reach and looked at his sleeping son. 

"Did he behaved?" She whispers as she gently touched the back of his son and Simon just nodded which made Cheryl smile before placing a kiss on Eric's back.

"I'll lock up here, you go tuck him to bed" And with that Simon went up the stairs leaving Cheryl to lock up downstairs. Simon went straight to Eric's room and slowly lay his son down on the bed tucking him in before placing a soft kiss on his forehead. He let's out a smile and with that he walked out of the room closing the door behind him and walk through the hallway where he was met by Cheryl.

"How's Athena?" Simon whispered and with the look Cheryl has on her face tells him that something is wrong. He went closer to her and held her face making Cheryl look up to him and by this Simon started to read Cheryl's eyes and it only speaks two things. Worry and fear. Simon held her hand and pulled her to their room and sat her down on the bed. 

"What happen?" He whispers as he sat next to his wife at the same time Cheryl lets out a deep breath. She took a second to compose herself and Simon waited for her patiently figuring that she just needs a moment to compose what will she tell him.

"Her voices are back." It was barely a whisper but Simon heard it very clearly which made him nervous. He had witness what his daughter before and he swore that he would never let her go back to that state again and now it's starting again.

"D-Does she know what's going on right now?" Cheryl's voiced cracked which made Simon look at her and saw her eyes sparkling with tears ready to come out so he took her in his arms and placed a kiss on top of her head. Though he doesn't want to tell his wife that yes, their daughter has an idea of what is really going on, he can't really lie about it when Athena's state is already on the line.

"Yea, babe. She heard us earlier..."

"She doesn't need to know about that. That's our problem to take care of and now, it's also starting to burden her... I think she needs a session babe." Cheryl pulls away as she wipes the tears that had escaped her eyes and looks up to him. Simon sighs and nods his head in agreement. He knows that when it comes to this, It's better if they put into an action while it's still early rather than for it to be worse. They just hope it works.

------------

Athena lays awake in her bed watching as shadows pass by. Her mind was too consume by her thoughts for her to sleep. She knows that her parents might probably thought that she's asleep but what's in her mind are keeping her awake. It's like she was going back, going back to her old self and she wanted to escape.

She hates her voices so much and now, they're adding up. Maybe because of what she heard this morning and it made a big impact and it pulled a trigger. 

The paps found out about her past

That was imprinted on her mind. She's not supposed to be bothered because her parents are there to support her but yet she's still affected by it and can't get the thought out of her mind. She knows how people can be harsh at times and though she doesn't want to admit it, she's scared of being judged by other people and now the public knows her past and probably her whole identity, she might not handle what will they throw at her. She would just be frozen in her spot taking their words in with nothing to do.

------------

"My voices are back" Athena whispers as soon as Dr. Jones asked her what was wrong. Upon hearing her statement he wrote something on his clip board before looking up to the little girl who is locked up in her mother's arms. 

"What are they saying?" Cheryl's heart is racing as she looks down to her daughter waiting for her to answer to the question. Athena looks at the floor before looking up to the man in front of her.

"I'm worthless, I deserve to die..." Cheryl closed her eyes tight as he rest her lips on top of her daughter's head. It's like she was the being stabbed by the words that are coming out of her little girl's mouth. Right then she wishes that everything would just fade away so everything would be alright but the world really doesn't work that way.

"Die?"

"I have cancer" It was a shock to Dr. Jones what he just heard. Athena's been her patient and he knows her story and this was the biggest one ever. He really didn't expect this one coming.

"Leukemia..." The girl whispered as she looks down the floor. The first tear fell from Cheryl's eyes just hearing it from her daughter makes her remember the reality that her daughter is dying. She rests her head on top of her daughter's and struggle to keep her tears in as she swallow the huge lump growing in her throat.

"Are you believing what your voices are telling you?"

"Sometimes yea, but I often just let them whisper in my ear and I try my best to not get in my system but... I find it very hard to do that right now. " Dr. Jones wrote something on his clipboard before standing up and decided to speak to Simon who was standing just beside Cheryl. He gestured him to speak with him in private so Simon lead him to his office leaving her girls alone.

"Mr. Cowell... her state right now is just on stage 1 so I suggest you give her good atmosphere if it means going on a vacation then it's good if you can do that. All she needs is positive things that will surround her because when something bad will come up it will totally affect her too much coming from PTSD."

"So there's a possibility that her voices will leave again?"

"Yes, but that takes time so as much as possible make her feel happy all the time. " 

"Thank you" Simon smiled making the doctor nod with a smile playing on his lips.

"I think that's all, I should probably go" Simon nods and escort him towards the front door and said their goodbyes before the doctor went off leaving Simon in thought. Since BGT is finished, they really should get into  a vacation but she needs to talk this out with his wife and to also discuss where will they go. He wanted this to happen as soon as possible because he wanted Athena to go back to who she really is. 

Comments??