Chapter 39

It was then Athena's radiation was done and now they walk through the hallways to the room where their daughter had just been transferred. The doctors said she was stable but warned them about her condition and the girl might not wake up for the day because of tiredness. And with this, Simon's thoughts of putting Athena's radiation in rest is slowly becoming a decision. He just can't take seeing their daughter in her weakest spot.

Finally, the Cowell family walked in the room where they saw their little girl lying on bed looking so fragile. As soon as they walked in, Eric's eyes were locked to his sister and his confused on why his sister looks so different. 

"Mammy, W-Why does Athena looks white?" Cheryl turns to Simon upon hearing this and Simon caught Cheryl's look before the brunette turn to his son and let's out a small smile even though she really doesn't know how to answer that but tries her best to come up with something.

"Bubba, Bella is not feeling well.." The little boy turned to her sister with a sad look on his face. The couple exchanges looks before looking at their son who's feelings are very evident on his face. Eric looks at his mother with a pout forming on his face and it broke Cheryl's heart as Eric was close to tears.

"W-Will Athena wake up soon?" 

"Not yet Eric, She needs to rest baby. Maybe tomorrow yea?" The little boy slowly nods his head but then leans forward wanting to go to Athena and just lay beside her. Cheryl got his message and put her son down on the bed beside Athena and as soon as Eric settled himself down, he clings to his sister burying his head on Athena's side which made the couple look at them in awe.

Simon walked closer to his wife and rest her arm around her waist as Cheryl rest her head on his shoulder and somehow got lost at the sight of his daughter looking worse than before. He wanted to speak out and say that it's time to stop her therapy thinking its better that Athena won't take her therapy and she's happy rather than her have therapy but still she feels weak. He just wants to see his daughter to be happy again completely.

--------------

Athena opens her heavy eyes seeing her Dad sleeping on the chair beside her holding her hand. It somehow brought a smile to her face. It's usually her Mam she sees when she wakes up in times like this and seeing her Dad is all new to her and it made her love him even more. She closed her eyes again before slowly opening them again. 

Suddenly Simon started stirring making the little girl turn to her father. Simon then turn to the bed and his eyes widen and a smile form on his face at the sight of his daughter that is already awake.

"Good Morning princess" Simon whispered leaning forward placing a soft kiss on Athena's forehead and was about to walk away and get the doctors but the little girl reached for his arm making him look back at her. 

"Stay" It was barely a whisper but Simon heard it clearly so instead of going out, he just pressed the button on top of the bed and sat himself down on his seat holding his little girl's hand and start to stroke her hair as Athena blinks at him. 

"I'm very proud of you sweetheart" Simon whispered and it made the little girl let out a weak smile. In that moment doctors stormed in the room making Simon stood up and has to let go of his daughter's hand to let them do their job and all the while, Simon's eyes were locked to her precious little angel as his thoughts starts to invade his mind thinking that his daughter wouldn't have been in this state if he stopped the therapy already. 

Simon doesn't like his children suffering or having a hard time and just by looking at Athena with doctors surrounding her checking every part of her body system just makes her heart break and the worst part is, he can't do anything to stop it. 

A smile brought him out of his thoughts and in return he smiled back trying to hide what's in the inside. After sometime the doctors have stepped aside and turn to Simon which he knew a sign that he needs to talk to him. So they stepped in the corner of the room while the doctor sighed before turning to Simon completely.

"How is she?"

"The cancer cells have lessened but not for long because with her weak immune system, the cancer cells are spreading fast. Its already spreading into her system so we need  to schedule the next session earlier than is expected." Simon felt his heart being clenched as he took in this words and it the thought having to say this to his wife really haunts him.

"When is it?"

"Maybe in two weeks" Simon's mind went to their vacation and thought that they can probably be back before the scheduled date of Athena's next session will be. 

"Uhm, Doc, Can you tell me the truth?" Simon gulped and lets out a deep breath trying to be ready on what's the answer to his question. "W-Will she be okay?" The doctor paused and looks past Simon looking at the little girl who is talking to the nurse then turn to Simon. The silence was making Simon more nervous than ever.

"As of this time, the cancer cells can still be controlled but If I'm going to be honest with you Mr. Cowell... I'm sorry but there's no chance for recovery.. She might get only months left...The therapy is just helping to extend her life if possible" Simon was in utter shock. Months. Simon didn't expect that, he thought that by taking therapy then Athena might get a chance to recover but he was wrong. He was frozen to his spot as the doctor tapped his shoulder before excusing himself out of the room and that's when Simon turn and see his daughter with a small smile on her face as she looks at him.

Simon struggled on keeping his emotions inside as he dragged his feet towards her daughter putting on a fake smile. He doesn't want to stress her daughter out and he wants to show her the positive side of him so Athena will still keep on fighting and keep going on and maybe some miracle would happen and she might survive this cancer.

"Y-You feeling okay princess?" He tries his best to hide his shaky voice and try his not to let a tear escaped from his eyes. As he watch his daughter on that hospital bed with a weak smile slowly appearing on her face, the news he just got from the doctors earlier is slowly sinking in. 

"W-where's Mam?" The little girl whispered that brought Simon out of his stare.

"I sent her home last night. She looks tired and she also needs to take care for Eric." Athena smiled at this. At least her Mam, for a time, is not focused on her and is taking her  responsibility on her little brother

"Daddy, you okay?"

"Yea princess." Simon placed a soft kiss on Athena's hand before he look up to her.

"Daddy, What it's like in Spain?" This made Simon smile and somehow he forgot about the thing bothering him as he lets out a soft chuckle. 

"It's beautiful there sweetheart. We'll stay near the beach , It will help you relax"

"Really? I'm excited" She giggled and it brought a smile to his face.

"Are you? So you better get better fast don't you?" The little girl lets out a soft giggle and nod her head which made Simon smile. It then brought the thought back. Her daughter is dying, How will she speak to Cheryl about this without them not having an argument.He just wishes that everything will be alright soon and prayed that some miracle would happen so that their precious angel will get to live her life happily.

Feedback is much appreciated guysXxx