Chapter 19

Cheryl sits behind her daughter on the bed as she brushes her soft locks. She's wearing her full smile, she's been waiting for this to happen.

"Mam...Should I call you that. Cause I heard Eric calls you that." Athena whispers as she plays with the hem of her top. This made Cheryl's heart flutter.

"Yes baby." She placed a kiss on her daughter's head before placing her arms around her and Cheryl did caught aglimpse of her arms. They're are full of dark bruises making confuse.

"Babe, this should be healing why are they still dark?" Athena looks down to her arms and sighed. In honesty, she is also confuse on what was happening to her cause there are parts of her body that haven't been beaten up but still they have bruises.

"I don't know. Don't mind them." Athena looks up to her mother and gave her a smile. Cheryl stared at her and remembered what she heard earlier.

"I love you. You know that don't you?" Cheryl whispers making Athena smile and nod.

"And I won't ever let you go again. Never." Athena lets out a deep breath before nodding. Cheryl smiles and placed a deep kiss on her daughter's temple.

"Wait, I haven't actually heard you sing" Cheryl smiles making Athena look at her.

"I'm not good. My voices told me so." Cheryl's heart clenched when she heard this. She wanted to change her voices. Turn them into positive things.

"I believe in you." Cheryl whispers in her ear making the girl smile. She looks up to Cheryl with a smile which Cheryl returned with a wink. Athena sighed and lean back in her mother's arms and starts to sing.

What if we stop having a ball
What if the paint chips from the wall
What if there's always cups in the sink
What if I'm not what you think I am

What if I fall further than you
What if you dream of somebody new
What if I never let you win, chase you with a rolling pin
Well what if I do

I am giving up on making passes and
I am giving up on half empty glasses and
I am giving up on greener grasses
I am giving up

Cheryl was speechless, she was amazed by her daughter's voice. It figures why Simon chose her as his golden buzzer. Her voice is soothing.

Athena looks up to her and her face fell when she saw Cheryl with a blank expression.

"I told you I wasn't good" She says sadly as she looks away snapping Cheryl out of her daze. She smiles at her daughter placing a deep kiss on her cheek making thr little girl confuse.

"What're you saying. I was speechless. You're incredible."

"I told you." Simon suddenly says making the two snap their heads towards the door where Simon and Eric is stood for a while now.

"How long-"

"A while, I asked this little monkey here to keep quiet cause it seems you two are in your own world."

"More singing" Eric cheered as he clapped making Athena smile. The two boys walked towards them and sat on the bed facing the two. Eric instantly crawled to Athena and pit his arms around her neck making the couple exchange looks with a smile.

Eric already loves his sister. Aside from she's beautiful inside and out, she's also has an amazing voice and it somehow made Eric feel lucky that he has a sister like her. Eric pulls away and stared at her sister with a smile.

"You're very pretty." He says making Athena smile.

"Thank you sweeheart. " She says before placing a soft kiss on the little boy's forehead. Her little brother gives her some kind of joy to her heart. Maybe because of his innocence.

"Well, AS much as I don't want to say this, I have to. We need to go." Simon said and it broke Athena's heart a little though she knows she shouldn't complain cause she knows what her condition is and its better if she just stay behind.

She sat up as Cheryl got off the bed while Simon picks Eric and carry him in his arms.

Cheryl doesn't want to go. Never, and right at that moment, she wanted to take Athena with them. She doesn't ever want to leave her daughter alone.

"Bye Athena. " Simon placed a tender kiss on the girl's forehead making her smile.

"Babe.." Cheryl snapped out of her daze then she looks up to Simon with raised brows.

"We'll wait for you downstairs. Give you two some alone time." Cheryl smiles before nodding letting Simon and Eric made their way out of the room leaving the two.

As soon as the door is closed Cheryl sat in front of her daughter placing a kis on her forehead and putting her arms around her as she close her eyes hugging the girl tight.

"I will come back okay. I will visit you here while your papers are being processed after that you can already live with us."

"Do you think that's a good idea. I'm fine here" Cheryl pulls away as she felt a pang of hurt in her heart. She let out a shaky breath and hesistantly look into her daughter's blue pools.

"D-don't you want to live with us?" She whispers and it made Athena felt guilty. Maybe that came out in a wrong way..

"No, no, its not that. I'm sick remember. I just don't want to hurt you incase, I'll have an episode."

"You're not gonna hurt us. I know you're getting better babe. You're doing well." Cheryl smiles and placed a kiss on the tip of her nose making her scrunched it and smile.

"I'll see you on Monday sweetheart. I love you so much. Don't forget that." She whispers in her ear making Athena wrap her arms around her mother tight imhaling her sweet scent.

"I love you too Mam. I'll wait for you." She pulls away and smiles. Cheryl can't seem to get enough of her daughter as she gives her kisses all over her face and hugs her tight one last time before getting out of bed and slowly made her way to the door.

"Bye babe. I'll see you Monday okay. I love you." She says making Athena nod and with that Cheryl walked out of the door leaving Athena staring at it. Wishing that Monday would come fast so she can see her mother again. So she can feel safe again.
-----------
The couple layed in bed tangled up in each other's arms just waiting for sleep to come to them. Cheryl was occupied by the thoughts of her daughter. She just can't get her off her mind.

"Babe..Are you going to the show tomorrow?" Simon whispers as  he strokes his wife's hair.

"Do I have a choice?" She says with a cheeky grin making Simon smirked.

" Not really." He chuckles making Cheryl roll her eyes.

"You know, I really don't like to do the show tomorrow."

"Why is that?"

"Cause the other judges have been bombarding me questions about Athena specially Amanda and Alesha."

"What were they asking?"

"They were asking me what happened to the girl, Why didn't she made it to the show blah blah. It's really annoying. They can't leave my daughter alone." Cheryl's lips splits into a wide smile upon hearing this and she really finds it cute that Simon is now calling Athena his daughter too.

"Just ignore them babes. Soon, they will get tired and will stop it." Cheryl placed a kiss on his cheek making Simon smile down to her and capture her lips smiling as he pulls away.

"Oh did you noticed Athena's bruises. They're still dark. I'm starting to think, they're not healing." Cheryl sighs on Simon's chest. Actually Simon notices that too.

"Yea babe, They're still dark.But let's give it time, it will heal soon." Cheryl nods though she already have doubts. She just wishes there's nothing more to it.