Chapter 82

Author's P.O.V.
Ahhhh!

A scream woke up the couple making their hearts pound from their chest followed by another and this time they rushed out of their room trying to find where it was coming from. Simon went to Eric's room to find him sat on his bed rubbing his eyes while Cheryl went to Athena's room and there she found her twisting and turning in bed crying.

She rushed to her daughter and tries to wake her up but Athena was way too deep in her dream and it was scaring Cheryl.

"Baby, wake up!" Cheryl touched the little girl's cheek but it didn't do anything. And somehow Cheryl was getting emotional with this because she can't wake her up at the same time Simon burst in making Cheryl look up.

"I can't wake her up!" Cheryl croaked as she stood up.

"Go to Eric's room and reassure him. I'll handle this." Cheryl nods before rushing out of the room leaving Simon going to the bed and held her daughters wrist to prevent her from hitting herself pinning them to her sides.

"Athena" He says a bit loud trying to wake the girl from her nightmare. And in a second, Athena's eyes shot open before she quickly backed away until her back hits the headboard. She was afraid because she could still remember her dream. Her nightmare.

"Ba-"

"No please..." Athena whispers as she pulls her knees up to her chest and burried her head on it breaking down in tears. And as she closes her eyes, she can picture her back in an attic.

Simon watched her with a broken heart. Athena's been having nightmares lately and this is by far the worst of them all.

"No, I can't- I'm sorry...I'll do whatever you want just please...Please don't hurt me." With every word that's been said sends daggers to his heart. He can't bear seeing his daughter act this way.

Simon slowly and gently touched Athena's arm but the girl moved away further making Simon's gand drop.

"Princess, its me..." He whispers and slowly Athena's sobs dies down before looking up and saw her Dad looking at her and offer a small smile the same time he opens his arms and Athena immediately fall into them holding to her father for dear life sobbing on his shoulder.

"It's okay. Its alright princess. No one's going to hurt you." Simon whispers as she stroked the girl's back letting her cry it all out.

Athena was out of it. She can't take her mind off a man and a woman who keeps visoting her in her sleep and doing all kinds of bad things to her and Athena just can't handle them anymore.

The door creaked open making Athena gasp her head shot to the door looking so terrified. Simon turned to the door and saw Cheryl just staring at them as she made her way towards them.

"Baby, its okay. Mammy's here come on." Simon said as soon as he saw his wife. Cheryl swallowed the lump that is forming in her throat before sitting down on the bed facing Athena. She starts to stroke her back and her brown locks trying to calm her down. And the next thing Cheryl knew was her daughter had launched herself to her crying her heart out in her arms..

"Sshhh Baby its alright okay? No one's going to hurt you anymore. It was just a dream." Cheryl said gently as she held her daughter tight before looking up and taking a glance on her husband who's staring at nothing.