Chapter 122

Simon's P.O.V.
News spread fast. Paps were hounding the hospital and it makes me sick. So sick that my temper was getting the best of me. I just lost my daughter and they can't even give us a moment to just process that. Grieve for that.

To be honest, I still couldn't accept the fact that Athena's gone. I'm not ready for that . We all are. Its a shock, unexpected and that what's hurts the most. I can't imagine our lives without her in it.

Empty

I miss her so much. Her smile, even through her tough times. The way she looks at things in a positive way. Her selflessness, how she cared for her brother so much. Her sweet laugh, God her laugh. Its been a while since I heard that and I would never hear it again.

My wife's unresponsive since our daughter's last breath. I can't blame her, she lost her daughter once and now she lost her forever and somehow its unfair.

Its so unfair

"Simon the car is ready. Its been a rough day." Garry says and I nod. He then led me to my wife who was still staring at nothing and it breaks my heart to see her like this so much. I slowly walked up to her.

"Hey, Ready to go home" I whispered gently placing a soft kiss on top of her head and somehow it just revealed more tears and I felt my heart getting stomped by a million people. I bent down to her level and held her hand making her look at me and all I can see is pain and sorrow.

"Let's get you home okay, you've had enough." She then looked away and gave me a small nod. I let out a sigh before standing seeing that Kimberley is on her way to us carrying my sleeping son.

"He fell asleep from the crying." She whispered pain laced in her voice. I took Eric from her and felt him snuggling in my arms. I looked up and notice Kim kept looking at Cheryl who was still staring in space and for some reason I knew she wanted to talk to her give her some comfort.

"Kim" I said making her snap and look at me. "I know you want to talk to her. I'll leave you two alone for a while. Just call me when she's ready to go home." She nods her head and sat down beside my wife as I turn to her.

"Cheryl, Kim wants to talk to you. I'll come back later okay. I love you." I whispered before placing a kiss on top of her head. I turn to Kim. I gave her a nod and start to walk away with a heavy heart.

This is not easy for us and I'm terrified. I'm terrified that it may take its toll on our relationship and I'm praying it won't but with the looks of it, there's a huge possibility that it might.

Princess, what do I do.
—————————————-
Kimberley's P.O.V.
I slowly sat down beside Cheryl contemplating on what I'm going to say to her. I've never seen Cheryl in this state, not even when she found out about Ashley's affairs. This was different the aura was different and I can't blame her in fact I can't imagine how painful it is to lose a child because If I were in her shoes I would've gone mad about it.

"Kimba" I hear her whisper in her smallest voice that made me look at her. She was staring into space and somehow a lump formed in my throat.

"Do you think If I had gone into her room and check on her from time to time. Do you.." She sniffed before looking at us with fresh tear hanging down her eyes and it was breaking my heart as the lump grew bigger making it hard to swallow.

"Do you think she'd still be alive?" I looked into those eyes and saw pure grief and it was painful yo stare at them.

"Chez, please don't blame yourself. It's not you-"

"Kim, a few days before all of this happened. I had a chance at the garden on her spot.We talked." She breathe. I didn't said anything and somehow I'm confused on what is this about because she haven't told me about this.