Chapter 75

Author's P.O.V.

That Christmas Eve, Simon didn't went back to the hospital. He drowned himself with the alcohol he bought and now he's passed out in his car with a heart that's totally broken.

Cheryl was getting worried. She doesn't know where his husband might be. She's been calling him for hours but still he's not answering her calls and somehow this lead her to think that maybe this is all about the argument they were at it earlier.

Thinking there were parts that maybe she doubted him and she never let him explain. But still she doesn't know why Simon is giving up so easily and she needs to know why. A good talk may settle this and she's craving for that right now. But where is her husband.

Now she sat herself down on the chair beside the bed and faced her daughter as she clutched her phone in her hand. Family and relatives have gone home and now she's the only one who's left in the room with baby Eric who's already asleep on the sofa.

"Merry Christmas Bella bear." She whispers as she rest her head on the side of the bed before stroking her hair as a lump form in her throat.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, Its Christmas eve and yet your father and I had an argument again. We're suppose to be happy, I know. Its just that I do not agree that they should turn off your life support. I know you can do this sweetie. I believe in you. I know you won't leave us." A tear fell from her eyes as she stares at her daughter who never woke up earlier.

" I can't lose you again. I need you here with us." Cheryl placed a soft kiss on top of Athena's forehead and held her hand hoping that her daughter will hear her out and fight this one.
---------------------
Simon woke up with a heavy headache and lost memory of what happened last night. He squinted as he looks around and realize that its already morning. He leans back on his seat and curse himself for the terrible headache his feeling.

Suddenly, his phone rang making him groan in pain before reaching onto the passenger seat and took his phone answering it right away.

"Hello? Simon?"

"Yea."

"Where the f*ck are you. I've been f*cking calling you since last night and you couldn't get to answer your bloody phone-" Simon held away his phone to see who it was and who's voice is making his head blow up into million pieces and saw Cheryl's name on the screen making him sigh and put the phone back to his ear.

"Are you even listening?"

"What? Can we not argue right now please." He whispered as he closerld his eyes hoping to ease the pain.

"Fine, just don't expect us to talk to you when you get back here in the hospital." And with that Cheryl ended the phonecall making Simon dropped his phone and groan. After a few minutes, he decided to go home to freshen up so he can go to the hospital.

When he arrived at home, he remembered the events yesterday making him held his pride up. He knows he's npt doing anything wrong. He just wants to cut Athena's pain and sorrow because he can't take what was happening to her daughter right now.

Seeing as doctors attached tubes and wires to her but still nothing is changing that in fact it got worse makes him go mad. He wants his daughter to recover and still fight but if she no longer can do that then there's nothing they can do. All there is left is for them to let her know that its okay if she wants to go.

Cheryl doesn't believe that. Cheryl is blinded by the thought of her little girl belong strong and fighting this. She can't accept the fact and the truth that her daughter is in critical condition and that there's a little chance of survival. She just believes that Athena won't leave them.

This scares Simon because what if Athena wasn't able to fight anymore. How will Cheryl take it. Would she be able to cope with the situation that Athena, their daughter is gone and never going back. Forever.
----------------------------
Simon walked in the hospital room and saw Cheryl sat on the bedside table wgo was looking at him but looked away immediately and turn her attention to Athena and this made Simon sigh. He then greeted Joan and the girls a Merry Christmas before heading towards his daughter placing the box of white roses on the bedside table. He then placed a soft kiss on Athena's forehead before staring at her with a small smile playing on his lips.

"Merry Christmas princess." He smiled. "I'm sorry for last night I wasn't here. Daddy just needs to let out his emotions so he could go on another day." Upon hearing this, Cheryl slowly looks at Simon whose still looking at Athena.

"I just can't handle seeing you in this state sweetheart and all I want is for you to be happy. And I would do everything for that to happen. I love you so much my princess." One last kiss on Athena's forehead and then he pulls away. Not taking a glance at his wife before he walks away and out of the room.

He sat on the bench beside the door and stayed there. He thinks that its best if he stayed out of the room because he feels like in the eyes of the others, he's giving up on Athena which is totally wrong. And now, he just wants everything to be in the right place.

"Did you told her?" Simon looks up and saw Athena's doctor. He then sat beside hom as Dimon took a deep breath and nods.

"She didn't listen." He sighs.

"I know its hard-"

"Is there anything we can do to make her live please anything?" He sat up and faced the doctor.

"Actually Mr. Cowell, the reason why I'm heading towards Athena's room is that your daughter had a progress. Other bruises were healed, her kidneys are working again. Her liver and lungs are still on the line but I'm positive that she would recover with that. Her legs will remain in a cast until it would be healed." Simon can't believe what he has hearing and ecen if its just a small progress he was still over the moon with the news.

"Are you sure? Oh my God" A full smile appeared on his face as soon as the doctor nodded. He jumped out of his seat and burst in the room turning heads. He went straight to Cheryl and lift her up before spinning her around making Cheryl squirm. He took her in her arms before placing kisses all over her face and lastly giving her a tender kiss on the lips.

After that he turned to his daughter and placed butterfly kisses on her forehead as happy tears fell down.

"Thank you, thank you baby. We promise we'll wait. Oh God I love you. Thank you so much." He says softly to his daughter as he stroked her head.

"Wait, wait what is happening?" Cheryl turns to a smiling doctor for a reply and he gave her a small chuckle.

"We had a progress." Upon hearing this Cheryl gasp and a wide smile appeared on her face before happy tears flow down her eyes. Simon glanced at his wife and couldn't be more happy to see a smile, the smile he misses the most, appear on her face.

The doctor ecplained but Cheryl and Simon weren't listening as the brunette made her way towards the bed into Simon's arms. Its like the argument just disappeared through thin air and it was like nothing happened as Simon hugged Cheryl very tight placing a kiss on her temple. Cheryl then pulled away and leaned forward giving her daught a kiss.

"We'll wait for you my Bella Bear. Just take your time, we promise we would be here and take care of you. I love you sweetie. Thank you for listening." She whispers before placing one more kiss on her forehead woth her heart beating a thousand miles. Hope sparks inside of them and filled their hearts again. They just have to wait and soon Athena would be alright that she would live and be with them forever.

Comments???Votes???Feedbacks???