Chapter 111

It was already seven in the evening when Cheryl finally sent Athena to dreamland after calming her down. She was so scared and it made Cheryl emotional thinking

Was she like this when she was taken?

Because after Simon and Eric left, Cheryl scooped her daughter up and brought her in her room and settled her down on the bed. Then the little girl scurried back until her back hits the headboard crying uncontrollably with her arms around her. And Cheryl just watched her and listen to every word her daughter is mumbling.

Stop. Don't hurt us. Go away. I want to go home.

These words keep repeating over and over again and it was breaking her heart into pieces. Her little girl is so fragile like thin glass. And she couldn't bare seeing her in this state and it kills her how she could witness her little girl suffer.

After quite sometime sobs dies down so Cheryl took her daughter in her arms trying to calm her daughter whispering and singing her tune to her occasionally giving her kisses on the forehead making Athena slip to wonderland.

Cheryl looked down to her sleeping child before placing a soft kids on her forehead. She then carefully slip off the bed as she swallows the lump forming her throat before tucking Athena in. She took one last glance on her daughter and it was made a tear escape from her eyes.

I'm so sorry

Her heart whispers. She was truly sorry because up until now she partly blames herself for everything that her daughter is going through and she know the child doesn't deserve her situation and it hurts her that she can't do anything about it.

She released a heavy sigh before walking out of her room closing the door behind her and noticed a figure on her left making her turn to see her husband standing waiting for her to speak up because he's so confused as to what happened earlier.

"Che-"

"Where's Eric?" Cheryl says as she wiped her tears not looking at her husband because she was still upset as to why Simon smells like cigarettes earlier.

"He's asleep. Got tired from running around the garden earlier" Cheryl released a sigh before walking past her husband and this was making Simon confuse even more. He didn't do anything, why is his wife not talking to him.

Cheryl walked in their room with Simon following her closing the door behind him and watch as his wife walked to the balcony taking a deep breath of fresh air. Simon stood a few feet away from her giving her some space before Cheryl decided to speak knowing how Simon must be feeling right now.

You smoked

It wasn't a question and Simon was caught off guard. He's too excited to see his family that forgot he smelt of cigarettes from earlier. And just thinking about it, maybe this triggered Athena's episode.

"You were away from us for a few days and you're back to smoking again" Cheryl said calmly. She was hurt because Simon knows that she hates it when he smokes but still he did it anyway.

"I'm so so-"

"How many?" Cheryl says a tear fell before turning around to look at his distraught husband.

"Just one. I promise. I'm sorry my love"

"Si, can you tell us what's wrong? Make us understand. Talk to us please." Cheryl's tears fell and it never stopped maybe it was stress from earlier at the same time exhaustion from everything that's going on.

"Cheryl" Simon whispered as he took his courage and walked towards his wife taking her in her arms.

"Babe please tell us. Tell us what do you feel? I'm your wife." She sniffed wiping her tears and seeing this is making Simon emotional too. So he put his arms around her resting his head on her shoulders.