Flaming Ashes Arc, Chapter Three: Confrontation

Tenko: Ugh, this place is a maze. Kurogiri, can't you just teleport us there? 

Kurogiri: (deadpan) You try telling me where the lab is first. Coordinates, Tenko. Coordinates. 

Tenko: (scowls) Stupid Quirk weakness. 

The four are walking around the villa, trying to find their way around.

Ben: Calm down, Tenko. Rome wasn't built in a day. 

Tenko: (sarcastic) But Rome was shattered in one. 

Kurogiri: (exhales) Shigara- I mean, Shimura Tenko, do yourself a favour and shut up. 

Tenko: (scoffs) Never. 

As the two bicker, Ben pulls back to Enji, who speaks up.

Enji: This is a waste of time. 

Ben: (turns) Why do you say so?

Enji: Accompanying these two- (gestures to Tenko and Kurogiri) is a waste of time. And you should be in jail. I heard of what you did.

For his record, Ben seems unfazed by what he had said. After being saved from the Dark Spore that had caused his depression, he has come to realise and accept that he was loved by those he cares for, and he won't let his past shackle him down. This is proven as he answers.

Ben: Well, I did learn my lesson. And so have Tenko and Kurogiri. You haven't. So don't act as if it's a hassle. (crosses his arms, stops walking and turns around, poking Enji back) Because while you may be the number one hero, that doesn't mean your sins will be forgotten. Nothing changes the fact that you're a power-hungry jerk who destroyed his family for his own selfish needs. You need to realise that, otherwise, you will never be able to get through to Touya. You'll never do that as long as you remain who you are now. Being a symbol means nothing when your attitude to the people you love is horrible. (turns around) Stay here. I need to accompany Tenko and Kurogiri. (walks away) 

Enji's eyes are wide as Ben walks off, shocked by how straightforward he had been. 

But all those words... hurt. 

They hurt because he knows they're right.

He goes quiet as he slumps on the wall, exhaling. 

Enji: What have I done...? All... All for power...