Mera-Mikettio Arc, Chapter Two: The Youmakai of the Y Gakuen World

Ben: (looks around) This is a mess. 

Mera: I agree. (sighs) 

Mikettio: This is a whole new level of messed up. (scowls) Those N aliens really messed it up. 

In front of them, the ruins of what used to be a bustling world called the Youmakai towers over them in piles of rubble. Nothing can be seen due to the dark clouds above, so Ben takes out some flashlights from his bag and gives two to the others before switching on his own. 

Ben: Well, either way, we should head off to find out where that temple is.

Mikettio: (blinks) Temple? 

Mera: Are you dumb or what? Didn't he tell you that we're here in search of a temple with scrolls that can help me with my Epithet?

Mikettio: No. Oresama was just dragged here. 

Ben: (deadpan) I had to turn down offers of other companions for this AND my daughter's first day of school, so get along, you two. The sooner we get those scrolls, the better. 

Mikettio: Hmph! You don't have to tell Oresama that! 

Mera: (scoffs) Fine. I could have done this with Indus, though. 

Ben: (massages his forehead, thinks: This is worse than dealing with Sarah.... Actually, no I rather deal with Sarah than these two) But at any rate, we gotta-

He is interrupted by a moan from behind them, making them slowly turn to see....

A horde of zombie-like Youkai, all staring at them with disturbing smiles.

"Ben Cipher..."

"Mera Salazar..." 

"Mikettio...."

Ben: (gulps) Mikettio.... D-Didn't Enma-daiou say that t-this place was a ghost town?

Mikettio: (backs away) I-I don't know. 

Mera: (shivers) S-Scary....

"Die..... DIEEE!" 

They rush forward, and instincts kick in as Ben grabs the two and runs off. 

Mera: Ow ow ow! Be careful!

Mikettio: ORESAMA WILL NOT BE HANDLED THIS WAY!

Ben: DO YOU WANT TO DIE OR WHAT? GOSH YOU TWO ARE WAY WORSE THAN SARAH! IF YOU CAN RUN DO IT! 

Mikettio: ALRIGHT ALRIGHT CHILL BEN! (grabs Mera, slings her over his shoulder like a rag doll, and starts running) 

"COME BACK HERE!!!!!!!" 

This is going to be a long day.