We're Not Monstrous Arc, Chapter Four: His Thoughts

Shigure: He's taking a while... He's taking too long. (taps his foot up and down repeatedly)

He knows he's worried, but he doesn't want to show it. He's waiting outside, and it feels like eternity. 

"Please, make sure he stays safe, Shigure."

Shigure: I know, Akito... But...

He knows he shouldn't be holding onto the past, but he knows that he's tried to trust others and only ended up betrayed. 

Akito, especially...

Shigure: What should I do...? (hears the door open,  turns around) Ben-

He freezes as he sees Bowser standing in front of him.

Bowser: Who are you!? 

Shigure: (thinks: OH GOD WHY IS MY LUCK LIKE THIS--) (shakily waves with a smile) H-Hey?

Bowser: (sneers) Are you with the red-haired Cipher?

Shigure: Erm, no? Why?

Bowser: Oh good!

Shigure: Why? 

Bowser: If you had said yes... (eyes light up in anger) I would have killed you. 

Shigure: (eyes widen, backs away) W-Well... (chuckles nervously) I should be going.

Bowser: Alright then. (curious) But why are you here? 

Shigure: I-I kinda got lost... (thinks: I'M GOING TO DIE!)

Bowser: .... Oh! You should have said that beforehand. (chuckles lightly) This place can be a maze when you're not careful. (turns around) Come on. You're in the wrong corridor to head out. Might as well give you a tour if you want. 

Shigure: (confused) S-Sure? 

Bowser: Great! I do apologise for the mess, though. We don't get visitors often. 

Shigure: (blinks) Why not?

Bowser: (sighs) "It's big, scary, and horrifying!" or something like that. They talk bad about me on a daily basis, so I'm not surprised. 

Shigure: Same here. (shrugs) Some people don't like me cause of what I did. 

Bowser: Huh. I guess we are alike in a way. 

Shigure: I... guess so.... (thinks: Wow...)

He remembers how Akito changed from a person who would seclude herself to a confident person who would step in for anyone, even mere strangers. Granted, he had been the witness to that a few times...

"Is this what redemption does to you?"

Bowser: Hey, you in there? (waves hand) 

Shigure: H-Huh? Wha?

Bowser: You seemed lost, so I wanted to make sure you were okay. 

Shigure: (regains postures, smiles) It's nothing. (waves it off) 

Bowser: (smiles) I'm glad. Anyway, here you go! (gestures to the entrance) 

Shigure: Thanks Bowser!

Bowser: No need to thank me. Just come visit from time to time. 

Shigure: Of course! 

Bowser smiles and waves him off.

Once he is a good distance away, he begins sprinting, thoughts racing. 

"He isn't all that bad... He just needs a push in the right direction!

"If I want to do this, I need to save Ben and help Bowser realise his love isn't reciprocated! And maybe... maybe he can move on from her!" 

He honestly doesn't know what's triggering this... but he kinda likes the feeling. 

"This is determination, huh?..." 

"I... don't hate it... it's warm and fuzzy..." 

"No wonder Akito changed so much.... It's... a nice feeling..." 

"Ben, Bowser ... I'm going to save you! I promise you that!" 

The only place he can think of now is a certain person in an alternate universe, so he gets his phone out and activates the portal app.

Shigure: Time to save Momoko Utonium from an abusive dad.