Sohma Akito Arc, Chapter Three: Chats and Plans

The next morning, Ben wakes up to a phone call from Bill.

Ben: (groans, eyes see the caller, picks up) Hello, Bill?

Bill: BEN CIPHER! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA ON WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING WITH THE SRS NOW?!

Ben: Huh?... Sorry Bill, you're so noisy I can't understand a thing. What happened? Did Dav-Chan come back? Did Keita finally lose his braincells? What? New members?

Bill: Okay, that is partially right, but NO! WE JUST FOUGHT BLACK DOG! YOU KNOW, THE GUY WHO KINDA KILLED SWAG, TAEYANG'S FRIEND!

Ben: ... (Eyes shoot wide open) Wait what?! (shoots up) Are you kidding me?! 

Bill: I wish I am. 

Ben: Tell me the story. 

Bill: We were at Okinawa to investigate a rumour of sorts. We ended up meeting Uju's friend, Leo, but then we were attacked by Black Dog. 

Ben: What happened then? Taeyang must have been so mad. 

Bill: Mad is an understatement. He lost his mind. Pilseung had to snap him out of it. Even then, something in his Galaxy Weapon affected him. It scares me, knowing that such a kind person can be that angry. (shudders)

Ben: I understand that part. But you said his Galaxy Weapon affected him? 

Bill: Rosie and Shirou mentioned that it was the dark feelings of the Galaxy Weapons, I think. Taeyang's okay now, but it worries me. Especially since that's what got rid of two powerful villains. 

Ben: Dr X and Star Ring right? 

Bill: You're not wrong, Ben. Anyway, I think we can't help you with Akito. It looks like this entire adventure is just starting. We need to focus on this. 

Ben: (groans) Are you KIDDING me?

Bill: I'm so sorry, Brother. I am really sorry. But we can't do anything until everything here is cleared out. 

Ben: (sighs) Okay then. I'll deal with it myself then. Don't worry too much about it. 

Bill: Stay safe, okay? 

Ben: Got it. (ends the call, leans back down) Looks like I'll have to do it by myself, huh?... (rubs his forehead) Fine then. (gets up) Time to get to work, I guess. 

After a quick shower, he heads out to have some breakfast outside the house. 

As he walks on the crossroads, he takes in the fresh air and smiles. 

Ben: This scenery is beautiful... I love how this place has so many amazing places. It reminds me of all the wonderful places around the multiverse. (takes in a deep breath) 

Ben: (looks up to the sky) I can't give up. Just because I'm going to be alone for this case doesn't mean that I can't do it. Akito trusts me to finish this. I can't let her down. But to do that, I need to cut off the bad source. The root of the problem. 

He then closes his eyes. 

Ben: Think, Ben. Who's the one who started this all? Who made Akito the way she is today? 

He thinks about it. Every character in the franchise flashes through his mind. Their profiles show as well. 

Eventually, it lands on one person.

Ben: (opens his eyes) I got it. The person who started Akito's trauma... was Ren Sohma. 

Remembering everything he knew about her, a plan forms in his mind. 

Ben: Alright I got something! (grins) Time to put it into action then!