37

Shoutouts:
ILOVECAMERONDALLAS17

_HarryAF

Babradley

salemskinx

averyeverett
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Lilly Kane's POV
✦✧✦✧18.40k reads✧✦✧✦
Unedited af.

I ran through the backyard in a bee line. I was desperate to get away from here. I escaped the backyard and ran out to the back curb, where I awaited Zayn's car. In a matter of minutes, I heard yelling from inside the house. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but the voices were recognizable.

Michael was taking all the heat for me. I instantly felt bad, but my worries were wiped clean when a familiar car pulled in front of me. The tinted window was slowly rolled down, exposing a smiling Bradford boy. His stubble was thicker and his hair had grown tremendously.

He signaled for me to get in the car. I grinned and slid into the passenger seat without any hesitation. "You saved my arse." I told him with a giggle.

"Always happy to help," he sighed with relief, knowing that I was safe now. "So, what's happened lately?"

I groaned and shook my head. "Ugh, so much, I don't even know where to begin!" I threw my hands up in frustration.

"Well, I'm all ears."

-

"A new guy, Ashton? She doesn't even miss Niall?" he asked in confusion.

"I think she might and that's why she has Ashton, to fill the empty space in her heart where Niall used to be." I told him honestly.

He nodded and scratched his neck. "So..Harry?"

"Totally batshit crazy." I bit my lip.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault." I smiled sadly and felt my cheeks heat up when he patted my knee. "Anyone new in your life?" I asked with a genuine interest.

"Nope. I've been waiting for you. I couldn't see my future with any other woman. From the moment I met you, everything changed. This might be forward but I really care about you, Lilly. Even if you have feelings for Harry, still."

I didn't know what to say. A little, "Oh." is all I could muster at the moment.

"I'm sorry if I made it awkward."

"No, no. You're fine, I'm just speechless, 's all." I smiled.

"Oh." he echoed and the car slowed to a stop. "Ya know, Harry wouldn't be very pleased if he knew you were with me."

"He doesn't even know, trust me."

He nodded as he unbuckled his seat belt. "There isn't much to do 'round here." he explained as he exited the car and took my hand in his. He gave me a reassuring smile and gave my hand a gentle squeeze. He led me up to his house and I felt a knot in my stomach.

He opened the door and guided me to the sofa. He released my hand and scratched the back of his head. "So, uh, there's a little cafe they built down the street."

I chuckled at his attempt at small talk. "Thank you, Zayn."

"Thank you?" he repeated in confusion, raising his eyebrows.

"For helping me, even after everything." I smiled and ruffled my fingers through his hair.

He bit his lip and leaned over to pull me in a tight hug. "I'll always be here to help you, Lilly." I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck, appreciating the warmth he was giving off.

"You don't know how grateful I am to hear that." My words were muffled into his neck. He slowly pulled away and tucked a finger under my chin to tilt my face up.

"So, um, I've got a guest bedroom you can stay in. If you'd like to contact anyone I've got a house phone." he explained.

"Any rules?" I cut in, biting on the tip of my thumb. He locked eye contact with me as he pondered for a moment. He pressed a finger to his lips as his eyes lit up.

"After 8. Please, don't try and leave without telling me, I'd hate to worry about you." he smiled softly. "You can eat whatever you'd like, and I won't be bothersome."

"Quite easygoing." I nodded.

He grew quiet and leaned against the sofa pillows. The eerie silence triggered a deafening ring to set out in my ears. Zayn chuckled as he tucked a hair behind my ear. "If only." he whispered.

I quirked an eyebrow upward. "If only, what?"

"I could call you my love. It'd only upset Harry though, darling, I wouldn't want anymore issues. I know how he can be." he bit his lip.

"And I don't have a say in this?" I pulled away from him and crossed my arms.

"Ugh, 'm sorry. I just get so worked up because I'm always afraid that bastard is hurting you whenever I'm gone."

"I can stand up for mysel-"

"But I want to be the one to stand up for you..I want to be the one to hold your hand in sickness and in health. I want to be the one that wipes the crystal tears from your diamond eyes. I want to be the one to say 'I do' as I slip a ring on your finger." he pours his heart out to me.

I'm cut off by his champagne lips intoxicating me as they crash on mine. I can feel the sugar pump through my veins as his candy sweet tongue slides over my teeth. My fingers are caught in his raven dark hair before I realize what I'm doing. I'm honestly past the point of caring, so I willingly kiss him back.

His slender fingers rake through my matted hair and tug at the roots. "Beauty." he mumbles as his swollen red lips move to my collar bone. "I won't hurt you Lilly."

I take his word and feet the heat of his mouth on my neck. I throw my head back in ecstasy. Waves of relief wash over me, soon replaced with waves of pleasure. His lips were soft and warm unlike Harry's. Harry's were rough and hot. This feeling of Zayn's lips was amazing but could not compare to Harry's.

I felt a kink in my throat and a saltiness in my eyes. I swallow the lump and try to appreciate the electric sparks his gentle mouth offered my exposed skin. He sudden pulled away and sighed at my expression. He entangled his fingers with mine, giving my hand a gentle squeeze.

"I know your heart has been broken, but I'm here to fix you with love. It hurts me to think of the times that you've ever cried."

I recoiled my hand and shook my head. "I don't deserve you Zayn. There's more girls, innocent and pure. Kind and sweet. Girls who haven't gone through shit-"

"But I don't want those girls. They have no impact on me. You've left a significant mark on me that I can't hide. Whether the feeling is mutual or not, I'll be here for you. Even if you go back to Harry." he cut me off.

I sighed and clasped my hand on his shoulder. "Do you really feel so strongly about me?"

He pecked my lips quickly before pulling away, resting a hand on my knee. "I do."

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧